Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Won Writers' News Short Story Competition!

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi all,

I still think I'm in a dream! I have won the Email short story competition with Writers' News!! Can't believe it!! This is the first thing I've ever won in 'writing'. I'm going to be invited to the Annual Prizegiving in Harrogate next May 07 - will anyone else be there?
  • Well done Helen. The rest of us will have to wait for the group photo they do and publish, you can guide us to where you're standing.
  • Well done! This is just the start
  • Fantastic news. Well done, hopefully the first of many.
  • Many congratulations - great news
  • Well done! Harrogate here you come!
  • Thank you all so much for your kind words! I feel really excited!! Yes, I'll let you know where I'm standing on the photo. :o)

It probably sounded a bit funny what I wrote in my previous message: 'will anyone else be there'? I meant to write 'will anyone else from Talkback be there?'
  • Well done Helen!
  • There must be a great view from Cloud Nine, Helen! Well done!!
  • Hi Helen,well done. Have you started writing that novel yet? surely u don't need any more incentive now. bests.
  • Well done Helen! there is no underestimating the standard needed to win one of there competitions.
  • Well done Helen, that's SUCH good news!  How are you going to celebrate?
  • Congratulations, Helen - I hope that means writing success is pending for all Helens.  Love Hippo (aka Helen!)
  • Congragtulations. I'm going too! It looks like a great day. I'll look out for you when I arrive.
  • Good for you Helen :)
  • Congratulations Helen!
  • Oh, thank you everyone! It's so nice of you all!

Hi Vijay - I'm going to be making a start on planning my novel now. :o) I have had an idea in my head for a few years now, so I'll continue planning for that.

Hi Jacey - I'll probably go for a meal at the weekend when my fiance is back home. It'll be so good to celebrate for something like this!

Hi Hippo - I hope so too, very much!!

Hi Butterfly - That's great! What is your full name? I'll have to look out for you.
  • Have a great time Helen, you deserve a reward!
  • Well done on such an achievement & let's hope that it's the springboard to further success.  Keep up the good work.
  • Ah...thank you so much!! It has given me more of an incentive to keep on writing. I must say, the Writers' News Short Story course is really good. I'm starting the Fiction Writing one next.
  • Great news! Well done Helen.
  • Fantastic!  I saw that comp with the e-mail subject and thought it would be a good one to do, and that's as far as I got!
    Look forward to reading it.
  • Thanks a lot! Still feeling rather giddy! :o)