Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in April 2011's magazines due out 3rd March?

edited February 2011 in - WM and WN
(Webbo - apologies if this should be posted under a different category.)

Who's in April 2011’s magazines? The magazines won’t be out until Thursday 3rd March so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• Time does fly...
  • So it does!
  • maybe you should have the heading `Who wishes they are mentioned in Aprils edition`
  • Looking forward to the new mag.
  • I haven't started reading last month's (i.e. March) yet! Oh, dear. We are talking about April already and it's still only February.
  • My magazine(s) has(have) just arrived.
  • Mine too. Now it's a battle - do I read or do I write?
  • nothing for me yet.
  • I've got mine and I am shortlisted in WN page 29 poetry comp-last line 'and so she wore her little black dress'
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • I'm in it. I noticed that they have spread my name around different pages using all the letters of my name hidden in other words. Also they have a poem of mine but the words are placed in random order in different articles and stories.
  • great news, Kateyanne!

ST - :D
  • edited March 2011
    Congratulations kateyanne!

Silent - can you indicate which pages and words it is so I can start pieceing it together when the mags arrive? Ta!

I didn't want to give away the surprise, but I'm actually on the cover this month - if you rearrange the pixels an infinite number of times, eventually you get my face!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]I didn't want to give away the surprise, but I'm actually on the cover this month - if you rearrange the pixels an infinite number of times, eventually you get my face![/quote]

Thought I recognised some of that colour coding. Well done. I am wondering who's thoughts are in the ink though. I think I recognise somebody's plot ideas in the red and black but can't say I know the rest.
  • edited March 2011
    Well done Kateyanne.
    I recognised another TB name in poetry item.
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]My magazine(s) has(have) just arrived. [/quote]

Mine too...
  • Well done Kateyanne !
    And well done the other TB'er on getting your name in there.

Well done also to ST and Lou for having such innovative thinking ;)
  • Lou and ST - am going to pore over my mag now, until I find you both! :)
  • well done Katyanne
  • [quote=SilentTony]I'm in it. I noticed that they have spread my name around different pages using all the letters of my name hidden in other words. Also they have a poem of mine but the words are placed in random order in different articles and stories.[/quote]
    Phew, glad you didn't notice the hidden coded messages while you were at it!
  • Well done Kateyanne
  • I don't think my postman bothers coming every day.
    I only get post at all about every other day, even when there are things I'm expecting, and then I get loads the next day (though it's mostly junk.)
    Not one of my 'on' days today, so no mags for me yet.

Well done Kateyanne.
  • [quote=Webbo]Phew, glad you didn't notice the hidden coded messages while you were at it![/quote]
    Not to mention all the rude words!

[quote=heather]I don't think my postman bothers coming every day.[/quote]
    It's like that here some weeks. I've considered doing a survey along the road to see if it's the same for everyone!
  • Nope

my postie comes every single day

:)

my flaps are well flipped

aren't they, BB?
  • well done Kateanne. I `m not in it , but then I didn`t enter any of the competitions, so what do I expect, have entered in two other for WN but not due out yet.
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • yaaaaaahoooooooooooo

for yooooooo

kateyanne
  • Well done Kateyanne.
  • my copies have just arrived, along with a stack of mail obviously all held up somewhere.
  • post today, but still no mag :(
  • Mine has arrived today! Hot on the heels of the March issue. I am amazed! It usually takes at least three weeks and two phone calls. Someone at Warners loves me. Thank you, whover you are :-)
  • not much to read ...
  • do you mean in the mag dorothy?
  • btw, WF's front cover put me off this month

a dog licking it's owner's face

yuk
  • I do. Two magazines in one (again) and I read it all whilst eating six corn thins, then back to work. The magazine(s) will be shipped out shortly to someone else.
    Oh I did take the time to email Diana Cambridge about her 'you must put headers and page numbers on MS' answer. All us Static Movement editors ask writers NOT to do that. Embedded instructions mess up the page layout when it goes to book form.
  • Hmm.

I used like Crysse Morrison's page. Why did she leave I wonder?
  • [quote=dorothyd]whilst eating six corn thins[/quote]

Dorothy, what are corn thins???
  • [quote=dora]I used like Crysse Morrison's page. Why did she leave I wonder? [/quote]

I think it said something in her last article, but I can't remember the reason.
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • Yes what are corn thins? Is there such a thing as a corn thick? Or medium?
    I bet they`re not as good as Crunchies though.
  • Still no mag.
  • congratulations to all featured in this month's issue.

Corn Thins are an Australian snack, you find them alongside the rice cakes in most supermarkets, they are literally thin large round biscuits made with corn. I eat them with such goodies as almond butter and peanut butter.
  • They sound delicious I will look out for them. Is there any yeast in them?
  • No, none at all. Maize, oil and sea salt is all.

I just LOVE the way TB threads go off topic!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    No. No! NO! No almonds or peanuts! I'm allergic. :(
  • That does away with my theory that you are a bit of a nut, Jay!
  • cashew nut butter, cashews are not nuts, but seeds.
  • :)

Can't remember if I've ever eaten cashews. Some people are allergic to sesame seeds as well as nuts.
  • I lurve cashews but once you had one handful, you just have to have another.
  • :D
    me too ...