Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

CBBC New Writers

2»

Comments

• Already have that printed out lol - it's sitting on my mantlepiece waiting to be sent off with the script once it's finished and printed.
    Even emailed (and had a response from) the BBC to check how to and what to write/include for a writing partnership before filling in the registration application.
  • Good luck from me too. I adapted a story so was able to send it off quickly.
  • Just to let you guys know, we finished out script over the weekend and sent by special delivery today - so I hope it gets there.

Excuse me while I go worry about it for over a week now :/
  • Well done on finishing and sending.
  • Ooh eck. I shouldn't have read the writersroom blog. Evidently they've had over 700 submissions for this... :/
    Oh well *starts looking around for other competitions to enter*
  • With that many it might take them a little longer to sort through...
  • Never Give Up, guys and gals. Yours might be the one out of 700 they just love!
  • Finally got the script returned to us (well me) last week. Obviously we didn't win or get short listed (evidently there were a few scripts with a similar theme to ours...not surprised there being over 700) but I was pleased to note that it had definitely been read past the first ten pages (which was their initial reading). So we're rather happy at a few things:

1. We wrote and finished a project in a relatively short amount of time (completing an achievement in itself)
    2. We held their attention past the initial 10 pages
    And 3. We are now using this script as an outline/basis for another book series.
  • Bad luck that you didn't get through but well done that you've got something positive out of the experience. Good luck with turning into another project.
  • Well done Jediya.
  • Yes, well done.
  • 700 that is a lot to read through, and good (despite the return) that they went past the first ten pages.