Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How many spaces after a full stop

2»

Comments

• I said a lot of this on the formatting formatting thread too. PBW you're spending too much time worrying about formatting and not enough time concentrating on telling that cracking story. The fact I have not yet reached that thread means it has dropped like a stone and needs you to go find it. Stop worrying. Start submitting.
  • [quote=Jany]handwritten in green felt pen on loo paper.[/quote]

aww, that's me out then, 'cept it wasn't green felt pen I used, oops
  • I prefer to write mine with a red crayon :D

I can even keep inside the lines when I colour in!
  • You are clever BR - would you like some jelly babies? ;)
  • Well, I just can`t imagine a rejection which says "Great story, wonderful narrative, stunning characters and just what we`d love to publish.
    IF ONLY you`d put two spaces after the full-stops. Sorry."
  • Mmmm jelly babies. Thanks Stan!
    I can leave sticky fingerprints on my next submission now :D
  • But only 2, br!
  • [quote=Jany]But only 2, br! [/quote]

submissions or jelly babies, Jany?
  • Two fingerprints per page, positioned equidistant from the margins and EXACTLY one third of the way down the page, or your manuscript will be returned unread (although it may have been licked.)
  • You took the babies, sorry, the words, right out of my mouth, Heather! Better still, br, enclose a whole packet of the things with your manuscript...
  • :D @ heather
  • Who started this silliness on a serious thread?
  • It was br, Sir, br!
  • Scroll back up, Sir, scroll up. `T wasn`t me, Sir, honest!
  • Well, I offered BR jelly-babies...
  • Well then, YOU started it.
  • I've just finished a novel and after the last line full stop there was half a page of spaces so I guess it depends.
  • Well done, on finishing the novel ST.