Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing for the Internet - Do you know how?

2»

Comments

• I've just had a nosy in the poetry section, not that I usually go there, Liz

but

I think you're supposed to go to Prompt Central

To do this I looked to see where all the poems were bing posted to ie "prompt poetry"

and then took a backward pathway and found Prompt Central

Does that help?
  • No. I have gone back and back and back to the first of the month and there is a big long list of things posted and some of them have August Challenge in brackets - but I can't see the words 'prompt central' anywhere. Where are these words? in the list? On the page?
  • Okay, do you know where 'Board Index' is

I go to this by going through this process:

- front page

- community forums

- log in (for me at this point in this process it is at the top right hand of the page)

- board index (top left hand of the page, next to Home)

- scroll down about half way and you'll see a category
    "Stories and Poetry Written to Prompts"

- and within that you'll see
    "Prompted Poetry and Prose, Promptly Presented.."

- select that and in there is Forum, Announcements, Topics and the one you want is in

Forum ie Prompt Central within that you have two areas Announcements, Topics and it is in Announcements "Prompts for August"

If that ain't right Liz, then PM Aliqot or Emeraldcut or Jazzmuzz, the poetry lot as tbh, I don't actually ever go in those areas.

I'm off to bed now, so it's not I'm ignoring you if you post here again tonght, i am just off to the land of nod.

:)
  • PS I am sleep walking in order to tell you this

there is also poets and poe-ettreee at chapterseventynine.com :)
  • Thank you dear dora.

I had to go to bed last night as knew I was going to have an exciting day today - a very dear friend who moved away came back and we have just been for a wonderful do walk with a mutual friend - we used to do things together when our three girls (the same age) were young. From babies to toddlers to playgroup to school... and now they are all grown upped. I feel old saying this but none of us seem old... but I would say that wouldn't I?

then they ALL (the 5 dogs that is we had with us) rolled in loads of fox poo and I have taken an hour to wash Lola in tomato ketchup and vinegar and dog shampoo to get it off.

Anyhow - I am beginning to worry that there are yet untapped depths of THIS forum which I have never discovered through my ineptitude...
  • This is a call to anyone who has shown an interest in this

who has not yet signed their name to the group.

You need to go and ask on the thread if you can join, otherwise you'll not be included.