Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• It was a much more comfortable night. Phew.
  • Yummy here, haven't been outside yet, though...

They had tips about sleeping just now on Breakfast. If you think you won't go to sleep just because it's hot, you won't.

Remember that you cope when you don't have any sleep, so relax about not having any; it'll be ok, so no point in worrying about it.

Keep the curtains closed so sun doesn't warm room up.

People were putting sheets in the fridge (not a good idea as damp or water warms the room).

Ice packs would probably do the same thing, but the man who had a hot water bottle with iced water in was probably ok.

And presumably keep the room as dry as possible.

I sometimes use the relaxation we were taught at ante-natal classes, and sometimes do a small meditation which stops your brain going over and over stuff.
  • Sunny with a lovely breeze.
  • Bit cooler today. A nice cooling breeze.
  • Sunny and warm with delicious breeze. Went out in garden, oops left book out, but came in cos Lola wanted to. Have work to do anyway...
  • Hot and humid - not comfortable, but we lived through worse in Tenerife.
  • Still 30 degrees here. Was 31 earlier. Supposed to be max 29 tomorrow so that is at least a small improvement.
  • Hot outside. Haven't been out much and even then it was in the garden.
  • 30 here as well. And felt it. Definitely the hottest yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter, though... and we have to drive somewhere for lunch.
  • Too hot to sleep.
  • Hot at Mum's. Thought I might melt. I didn't.
  • Was very warm earlier but we've now got clouds and a breeze.
  • Very hot outside.
  • Despite the heat there was a lovely breeze here yesterday, and there's a little breeze here today too. Washing is drying in seconds, practically. Memories of 1976, washing my cheesecloth tops and putting them on the line to wear later that day.
  • It#s so hot that I've overcome my reluctance to expose my bingo wings.

That's brave!!
  • Ha! I have overcome my reluctance to expose my legs and have found they are not as bad as I thought - i closed my eyes in the changing room to below the hemline (above the knee) and bought a dress the other week and have been wearing it, yesterday looked in the full length mirror, the only one being in daughter's room.
  • Cooler today. Much more pleasant.
  • Still boiling here.
  • Very pleasant in EastMids. Deffo cooler thr further north you travel
  • Same as yesterday. Very pleasant.
  • It were darned hot but I LOVED it.

Mmmm mmmm mmm and sommmme mmmmmore.
  • *does a rain dance*
  • The rain is lovely.
  • *does a rain dance*

It worked!
  • Hot hot hot tomorrow and the next day...
  • Still too hot to sleep comfortably
  • It's raining! A bit...
  • Looks like another fine day.
  • A little cloudy but not cold.
  • Seems fine... not cold, not hot... breeze
  • There's a - dare I say it - breeze out there and some white fluff in the sky. What can it be?
  • It might be a tad cooler. Might be.
  • Seems warmer here, today. Yesterday I had on cool palazzo-type (or collapso as i call them because the waist isn't small enough) trousers and a thin summer fleece, all today has is the same trousers and a T shirt. (Should that be 'are'? *confused, sounds wrong*
  • Pleasantly warm with a mix of cloud and sun.
  • It was cool to start with, then we got a couple of seconds of very light rain, and then it began warming up again.
  • Pleasant enough to sit outdoors. Cat snoozing on the patio as it was warmed up by the sun earlier.
  • Still muggy - might have to put the fan in the bedroom for a while tonight.
  • Sunshine and clouds today. Still warm.
  • Ditto
  • Gorgeous.
  • Raining.

Glorious!
  • Scorchio
  • 31.5 degrees here.

TOO HOT!
  • Hot here. Outside was like a furnace.
  • The hottest day today, apparently. It was very hot, yes.
  • Wish it wd bog off, this heat.
  • I'll tell you for nothing, it's far too bloody hot to be shovelling bucketsful of spilled gravel and assorted crap out of a brick shed.
  • Scorching.
  • Quite warm. But bearable. I think I'm getting used to it. Blood must have thinned.
  • edited July 2018
    It's been lovely and sunny here for weeks and weeks – and it looks like that'll continue for a while. B-)