Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fond Parent/Grandparent thread

Comments

• Images of torture conjured up by that, Lizy!
  • Millie had her hair cut for the Little Princess Trust. ๐Ÿ’–

• Wow! Hadn't it grown? Love the bob.
  • So does she - says it's now ready for summer!
  • Aww! And how pretty she looks! 
  • She does!
  • Aww, lovely pic, Lizy.
    I remember when my daughter had her first bob; she looked like a little French girl!
  • One can see into Millie's classroom from the road, and yesterday I was passing by. Took me a moment to remember I should be looking for a bob, not plaits!
  • Got up early to watch Millie's first ever gymnastics competitions. She and a friend performed a short routine with balls like smallish footballs. There were about eight similar routines in her age group. They won bronze!
  • What excitement, Lizy. Well done Millie and her friend.
  • Well done, Millie! 
  • Millie won a Blue Peter badge! She drew a picture with instructions on how to plant flowers - the letter that came with her badge was personal, not generic. We are all thrilled for her.
  • Excellent!
  • Well done Millie. I remember the thrill my children felt when they were awarded badges so good to know children are still proud to wear them today.
  • That's wonderful!
  • Excellent!
  • How wonderful! 
  • Oh, wow, well done, Millie!

• Your grandparent photo is great too, Liz!
  • Millie loves cucumbers so much that when I gave her a plant to grow her own, she declared it was her new pet and named it Paul!
  • Paul is in safe hands!
  •  :D 
  • Popped in on Debs and Millie to check on them as M had 2 days with a temp, which has now gone. Usual kid stuff, Just in time for half term!
    Also gave her a pop-up tent which had been left in the charity shop for too long and, as I work there each week, I got it free. We opened it in the lounge and she immediately covered the mesh window so nobody could see her and secreted herself inside with her newest craft kit. They do so love hiding :)
  • Millie wrote this on Sunday morning after a sleepover here, posted it in an envelope and kept it a secret!! Debs received it today. Love the spelling! 
  • That's beautiful!
  • Oh, how lovely.  <3
  • Millie's first free climb on a wall, watched by her cousins. She reached the top unaided. Gulp!

• Sorry - couldn't work out how to make it smaller.
  • Millie on a night walk. If you're going to hug a tree, pick a big one!

• She looks very serious! 
  • Important work! I wrote a story about a tree that was too big to hug :)
  • The other week she was staying with me and saw an old b&w video of a tree being felled. She actually screamed and burst into tears ๐Ÿ™€
  • Aww, Lizy, what a lovely heart she has. 
  •  <3 she has. 
  • Millie helped me pull carrots today. They were a random sowing and she described the crop as 'a marvellous variety'. We had some for lunch and she took some home.
  • Marvellous! 
  • Lovely!

I remember growing potatoes at school, then we cooked and ate them with butter. They were the best ever!
  • Of course they were! My carrots taste amazing, and smell like proper carrots too.
  • I love that smell, Lizy! Veg from supermarkets and even grocers are so much older than you imagine, they lose their smell. And often don't have one as they can only grow tough varieties that store well in bulk. The smell of our apples just off the tree is amazing, almost like sherbert. 
  • I ate some today raw with my supper.
  • Millie got the head teacher's award for kindness - that's out of the whole school.
    Her mum and I are beaming with pride in our lovely girl ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ

• That's wonderful, Lizy!
  • What a lovely girl.  <3
  • How lovely x
  • Lizy said:
    Millie got the head teacher's award for kindness - that's out of the whole school.
    Her mum and I are beaming with pride in our lovely girl ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ

<3  <3 <3