Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fond Parent/Grandparent thread

1235»

Comments

• One of Millie's Xmas presents was a packet of Sea Monkey eggs, which were put in water as per instructions. They hatched and then rapidly died. The tank sat forgotten until Friday when ¡Surprise! There was one swimming about. 
    Millie has called it Jesus - because it resurrected.
  • That is amazing! 
  • I've never heard of those!
  • Neither had I. They're apparently primitive organisms, hermaphrodite, can change sex, eggs can remain dormant for years when dried. Liz probably knows all about them!
  • When I was really young, my sister used to buy an American pop magazine and they used to have adverts for them.
  • Debs and Millie found a stray dog. In the half hour during which they walked their estate in search of the owner, Millie fell in love. 
    When they had a vet check its microchip and it was reunited with a grateful owner, Millie told Debs it took a piece of her heart with it 💜
  • Lizy said:
    Neither had I. They're apparently primitive organisms, hermaphrodite, can change sex, eggs can remain dormant for years when dried. Liz probably knows all about them!
    Yes - I do, lol. We had some when the kids were small. Not as interesting as hydra, which, as long as they are kept hydrated, can live forever. 
  • i'm going to be on BBC upload -some of you might like to try this - you will have one in your area, you just go to the BBC online upload page, upload a video or sound recording, and if they like it, they will play it. 

• Brilliant!
  • Excellent 
  • Brilliant Liz.
  • Thank you. Sorry, i put it on the wrong thread, and despite making it as small as possible, it is huge... 
  • Millie at Kew today,
  • Lovely!