Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in November 08's magazines due out 2nd October?

2»

Comments

• Oh heck, Carol on first look through I found very little to interest me this month. Don't know why because normally I devour both mags from cover to cover.
    That is not to put down any TB'ers who are in them - far from it! They just appeared a little...well...dull

Sorry
  • Well done TBers this month. Not so many - perhaps we're all exhausted from last month. Right, let's make a surge for December and storm the mag! TBers take over!

I agree about the proof reading - I'm always appalled to see mistakes in there and they do appear. I also find some of the articles written in a very convoluted (spelling???) way.

Another thing that annoys me is when people write in complaining that they can't find inspiration. If you have nothing to write about, you're obviously not a writer! Go and do something else! Fair enough if you struggle for time, but there's no excuse for struggling for ideas.
  • Letters page: GCSE has become GSCE.
  • Well done everyone i havent took the plastic of mine yet its been one of those weeks where i have fallen in to a big hole and trying to get out who says star signs arent true just wish i payed more attention to mine .
  • I agree, CJ, it is a dull month's edition, well, duller than usual, occupied me for ten minutes rather than the usual fifteen ...
  • I looked at the pictures.... (but well done those who have pieces in )
  • I think another problem is that, unless you are a bit of a polymath (is that the right word?), you will only want to read articles relevant to your field. For example, I usually skip over non-fiction, poetry etc. I like author profiles and interviews, articles on the nuts and bolts of actually getting published, success stories, and anything to do with children's fiction. So I only read about half of the mag. Oh yes, I love the letters pages and query pages.
  • Well done to Viv, Highland Midge and James.

HM, how do you know Viv is short? :-)
  • Finally got my copy, although, as I phoned up, is this the original or the replacement? We will see! Well done to all who are in this issue - lovely pic, Highland Midge. I have a friend who has just moved to Nairn - it's a lovely place.