Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My radio play gets a production date :)

2»

Comments

• Just in case anyone is interested, here are two Youtube links for a play of mine that I filmed back in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KQwD8E45c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDJK53LQVQ&feature=related
  • Thanks for the link!
  • I shall look forward to it - well done again RG.
  • Just to update you all, my radio play should be released as an MP3 audio file (free to download) in the next few days. I will post the link when that occurs.
  • The file is now available from here:

http://www.wirelesstheatrecompany.co.uk/index.php/component/jotloader?Itemid=15&cid=2&id=98

Just Right-click the link on the link and "Save Target As" to download the play.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it.

Download size 52 Mb
  • That's fantastic, well done!
  • Brilliant!
  • But it will have to wait until Puta gets back from Hospital ...
  • Thank you for giving us this link - I will download it when I get back to Fiji later in November. Looking forward to listening to it!
  • I would be grateful if loads of people would download it as the company counts the amount of downloads that occur... Which is an indication to them as to whether or not they should ask for more of my work...
  • well done RG. I'll take a look later when granddaughter minding is over!
  • I'm not up to all the technology RG.
    Can you download it to the computer to listen to?
  • Yep, just right click on where it says "Download Play" (that's a right click) and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." and then choose a place to save the file on your computer. You then double click on the file and it will play inside your selected MP3 player, which will be Windows Media Player by default.

Let me know if you have problems with the above.
  • Thanks RG, I'll try that and report back if I have any problems.
    :)
  • [quote=Randomguy] I would be grateful if loads of people would download it as the company counts the amount of downloads that occur... Which is an indication to them as to whether or not they should ask for more of my work... [/quote]

Okay RG have done. Will listen to it later when I have more time.

Well done by the way, must be a brilliant feelng to see, hear your words being acted out.
  • It was a very odd feeling. Having heard them in my head now for so long, during the development and editing of the play, it's somewhat disconcerting to hear them for "real"... They did a great job though and Paul Mcewan is just amazing in the lead part. He was a nice guy too. My one moment of nerves during this whole thing was meeting this guy, but he was just amazingly professional during the whole rehearsal. Turned up with his script full of markings, noting when he wanted his voice to move in a specific direction.

Very cool experience.

As I mentioned in another thread on here, I will be teaming up with the same director tomorrow (29th oct 09) to put on a one act play of mine in the Half Moon pub in Herne hill. Very excited about that, and again a little nervous.
  • I've downloaded it, Randomguy, and will listen tomorrow. Well done again, I'm looking forward to it ...
  • Thanks Ceka. Looking forward to your comments.

Paul
  • edited October 2009
    GOT IT!
    Listening now ...
  • Well!
    A very professional production, Paul! mind-game tense, really worth the hour I spent listening. Why didn't the BBC Radio 4 people buy this? great work, laddie, well done.
    (PS: the decree Nisi is the stage before Asolute, is it not, why did their divorce stop at Nisi? Or am I 20 years out of date ...?)
  • Yeah, showing my ignorance of divorce there I'm afraid, but Nisi always sounds more "drama" than Absolute... If you see what I mean.

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it. Wasn't Paul Mcewen fantastic as the lead character?
  • How fabulous. I've downloaded it but may be a little while before I can listen as I'm doing Nano. Well done, you. I'll get back to you with comments.