Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short story in 1 August People's Friend

edited July 2009 in - Writing Tales
Hi guys, this took nearly a year to get there, but one of my stories will be in PF on August 1st, page 65

Comments

• Congratulations!
  • Congratulations- good news at last.
  • Hey well done!
  • great news!
  • Well done Ceka!
  • Good for you. Worth the wait.
  • Well done.
  • Great news ceka.
  • Hooray! That's the second success in a few weeks. Well done you!
  • Well done ceka, will get a copy
  • Well done, Ceka!
  • Congrats Ceka!!
  • That's brilliant - well done Ceka.
  • Cheers, everyone. My 'sold' stories are now flying stacked up like planes over HeathRow and waiting for their landing slots in various mags, but there is nothing in my 'written and ready to send out' box ...
    Get Back to Work, O Lazy Writer!
  • congrats on the PF story - now you need to send em another one. get to it, gal!
  • Yay for Ceka!
  • Will look forward to reading it, well done, Ceka.
  • Congratulations - keep up the good work
  • brilliant news!
  • Well done!
  • Well done!!
  • [quote=Rosalie]Get Back to Work, O Lazy Writer! [/quote] Yeah!
  • Eh? What happened there? I was sure I quoted Ceka.
  • You've still got time to Edit if you want to!
  • [quote=Kangaroo]Yay for Ceka! [/quote] Yeah!

He he - think I'll get away with that?
  • Great news. Congratulations!
  • Great news, well done, Ceka.
  • Thank you all.
    I still get such a frill from seeing my stuff 'out there' even if they are only short stories and not HUGE blockbusters!
  • Congratulations Ceka, and well done for persevering!
  • [quote=ceka]I still get such a frill from seeing my stuff 'out there'[/quote] A great thing about having been writing for a while is that rejections get easier to take, but acceptances never get boring.
  • Great news, Ceka - well done. I'm looking forward to reading it.
  • I just wish they would publish one of the two I've had accepted and tghere's another opne winging it's way to then later today.
  • Well done Ceka. I enjoyed your story in WW story magazine. (I know I am a bit late here).
  • Just read REACHING NEW HEIGHTS in the People's Friend. Great Story.
  • Well done, Ceka :)
  • Well, I thought I would be original and say congrats on your success...I can only hope to follow in your footsteps.
  • Hope I'll be able to find this one!
  • Really well done, Ceka - will look out for it.
  • It's out! I've bought a copy and a Curly Wurly! That's my afternoon sorted!
  • Just read your story Ceka and I was really impressed. I think I've learned a lot about the PF style from reading it - not just from the structure of the story, but also from your use of similes, e.g. blue eyes sparkling like Ceylon sapphires. When you said it 'took nearly a year to get there', do you mean you were working on it for a year?

Congratulations.
  • It's brilliant!
  • Thank you for liking it and telling me so! I wrote that story in January 2008 and sold it in May 2008 - and it's just hit the shelves now! So actually it was more than a year 'on hold'. But they pay on acceptance, unlike some, so it didn't matter!
  • Just bought my copy ceka, will read it tonight.

Had a reject from them today but some good feedback. I did take a gamble on it, wasn;t quite sure if it was suitable so no too disappointed.
  • Excellent story, Ceka, really enjoyable. Well done
  • Bought my copy today Ceka, will read it as soon as I have some quiet time.
  • Hooray - my husband found PF this morning and now I've read your story, Ceka - and enjoyed it a lot! It's an honest view of the generation gap and what helps to close it. It's also a reminder that old people used to be young.
  • Well done Ceka :-)

I will get a copy, but it might raise an eyebrow at the checkout when they run Loaded, FHM and People's Friend through the scanner ;-)
  • Just whistle in an unconcerned manner, CoS! :)
  • I'm going getting it, I'll pretend it's for me nan. Is only fair as your always a good sport in reading my stuff, I'll even do a critique to prove I've read it, simples
  • Aha - are you another Alexander Meerkat fan, Lee?