Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing?.....Well bloody lucky you!!

2»

Comments

• OH, would they not? How very tiresome. well, As ai was saying. Who on airth does ceka think she is, shoving us all orf the thread? She has no raight. I shall get Daddy to deal with her/ He's a Haigh Court Judge, you know.
  • OFF TOPIC!
    ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Looks like we've got another BB on TB.

Bossy Boots!! :D
  • [quote=ceka]OFF TOPIC!
    [/quote]

One wonders whether Warchild worries. He hasn't responded to any comments made
  • I wouldn't think for a minute he has continual or even regular access to the internet.
  • I should think he'll enjoy reading this when they finally let him at The Net
    OFF BLOODY TOPIC OR NOT
  • And, Lolli, your PATHETIC attempt at mimicking my diction is so bad that I'm going to play the recording of it to the Owls and see if they can guess which TBer was speaking.
    OFF TOPIC
    (I'd rather have a Mars Bar myself)
  • Can you still get Twirls?
  • Ai thought Ai'd done quite well in 'mimicking' your diction, actually ceka. When you listen to the recording you'll think it was yourself speaking, I shouldn't wonder.

[quote=ceka]OFF TOPIC
    (I'd rather have a Mars Bar myself)[/quote]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Double deckers!
  • yes you can get Twirls, the intense chocolate hit ... yum!
  • None of the Owls was fooled, Lolli.
    Neither was Hoss.
    What's a Twirl? Isn't that something Anthea Redfern used to give Bruce Forsyth?

OFF BLOODY TOPIC AGAIN
    (sorry Warchild)
  • Well, that brings the war situation closer to think we have someone in the army, on Talkback - the internet certainly shrinks the world.
  • Warchild, hope you are well and safe and we hope to hear from you soon.
  • A wise man once said, "Through your life the stronger man will prevail. He will always be one step ahead, never looking over his shoulder as he knows exactly where you'll be. There will be no battle of the wits as he will always be cleverer than you....", he drones on like this for a fair few lines, in fact, he doesn't seem to be that wise to be honest. However, my point is this; Mr Taliban, for all his archaic practices and, quite frankly, murderous antics, proved to be a worthy adversary. I am by no means a murderer, yes i carry a gun, and yes i intend to use it with the intention of killing somebody with it, but trying to kill him, well, like Richard Burton said about his marriage to Liz Taylor, "It wasn't easy."

It certainly wasn't.

Unfortunately, i wasn't the stronger man as i was to succumb to a large piece of shrapnel imbedding itself in my right calf, putting me out of action for a fair few months. Never fear I am now recovered, albeit with a Herman Munster type limp, and lucky for me my Army career still intact, but i've had plenty of time to write and finally finished the first draft of my novel.

A sweet sense of karma appears to have enveloped me, and hopefully those moments of agony transpire to be a worthwhile price to pay to have a first novel published.

Ahh who cares, i'm back out in Afghanistan next year so i'll get my revenge!!!

P.S. Many thanks for the kind comments.
  • You must have a strong motivation to write anything in your situation, Warchild!

You put my excuses for not writing to shame!

I can just imagine some fiendish publisher/editor ranting

“… yes? And?… So where this book you promised me? You don’t need legs to type, do you? Get on with it.! Never mind the bullet holes - type round them…”

KEEP SAFE.DONT BE IN SUCH A HURRY TO GET BACK OUT THERE.
  • Good luck Warchild. Get that novel finished.
  • Keep safe Warchild, good luck with the writing
  • Oohh I was really sad to read that as one who lost a whole lot of handwritten stuff some years ago, although not in such treacherous circumstances.

It was mostly poetry and although from time to time I get the odd flashback I have never been able to recreate it all.

While I am here can I just say thank you from the bottom of my heart for being out there and doing what you are doing.

God bless you.

Rosie..xxx
  • Glad you're still with us Warchild, and despite the reason you've been able to get on with your writing stay strong.