Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Coffee and cake, anyone?

2»

Comments

• It would have been lovely, but I'm too far! West Midlands girl.
  • Ooh, great, Smaug. A table for three so far!

Now, Lizy, enough of your excuses. 2000 miles indeed. You've got walking boots, haven't you?
    I have indeed - they come out every morning for my daily exercise. The trouble is that my water-wings have developed a leak.

• It would have been lovely, but I'm too far! West Midlands girl.
    I think there's quite a lot of us West Midland folk on here. Perhaps we should organise a Faggot n mushy pay barbecue?

• :) Who else is from the West Mids here? A coffee meet up would be fun.
  • Hmmm, I wouldn't pay for a nibble on a faggot.

• There's a lot to be said for faggots. They had to change the name on Brain's Faggots when there was the CJD scare, but they were lovely.
    It's not as far for me to Uxbridge as for Lizy, but the wet bit makes it very expensive.
  • Lovely way of describing La Manche, Mrs Bear!

And I think trying to barbecue mushy pays might be a tad tricky, snail!
  • I was made to eat a faggot at infant school. I told the dinner lady I DID NOT LIKE FAGGOTS. She FORCED me to eat it. I ate it. I was sick on the plate.
  • edited May 2014
    I will not tell you what dinner-lady story that reminds me of.
    some things mark you for life.
  • Think yourself lucky not to have had Groaty Pudding, TN

Lizy said: And I think trying to barbecue mushy pays might be a tad tricky, snail!

Just stick em on a baking tray.
  • I am in Denham just 3 miles from Uxbridge so I hope to be there! The metro lines to Uxbridge are Piccadilly and Metropolitan by the way. It takes me about an hour on the Piccadilly line to South Kensington. It can be a quicker journey if you change here and there.
  • I was 45 in 1981.

*sobs*
    Yippee I've found someone older than me

:))
  • You whippersnapper, Betsie!
  • edited May 2014
    I have just eaten two digestive biscuits.
  • I just had a packet of Hula Hoops.
  • A whole packet?
  • It was a small one.

:)
  • edited May 2014
    How small is small?
  • 24g - hardly worth the effort of opening the bag.
  • Hm...
  • Oi you two - get thee off to the scoff thread!
  • Sneaks off with crumbs falling from his mouth ....
  • Whistles a tune...
  • I was 45 in 1981.

*sobs*
    Yippee I've found someone older than me

:))
    He's older than me as well, but not by much!

• So...

So far - correct me if I'm wrong - we need a table for five:

casey
    Smaug
    Bill
    Nefertari
    TN

Any more takers?
  • Poor Bill! =:)
  • If I'm back from Ireland - which a very distinct possibility as I've got a number of chores to deal with in London/Surrey - I'm in.
    I think you missed my post.
  • Ooh, lovely!

So that's:
    casey
    Smaug
    Bill
    Nefertari
    TN
    Claudia (?)
  • Have fun when you meet.
  • A day later and I could have come - sob!
  • You have to change your plans so you can be there!
  • I know! But I'm working that day. Next time!
  • I can do the day after...
  • I can do the day after...
    If I'm around, I'm around, and will be able to come whichever day you pick. :)

• I can do 5th or 6th
  • Yes, casey and I can also do the 6th which means that Lou can come. Can you make that too, Bill? Claudia, I think you said you were pretty flexible.

If so, shall we say Friday 6th June at 11 am?

casey has kindly researched suitable venues and has suggested:

'Starbucks in the InTu shopping centre. This is left of the station. Starbucks is on the left just inside the Mall, opposite Waterstones. They have additional seating upstairs so plenty of space even if it is busy, which it wasn't this morning.'

I'm sure some of us will recognise others. If there's anyone else who would like to join us, that would be lovely. Just turn up and we'll make a space for you!
  • 6th ok with me
  • I can come but won't be able to get there until poss 12.30 as I'm judging an opening chapter competition for a writers' group which finishes at 11.30... will you still be there?
  • I'm sure we can force down another coffee (and cake!), Lou! We might hide under the table and jump out when we see you coming.
  • I'll make a note of it, and if I'm back in the UK, I should be able to come.