Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

13»

Comments

• I will miss it. Think he's here until Friday...
  • I've already selected my photo and scheduled a tweet. That's my contribution done.

:)
  • The subject for tonight's #writingchat is Holidays- writing ones, any recommendations, actual holidays or even those you've got planned.

So remember to join in on Twitter tonight between 8-9 pm, and use #writingchat
  • Shan't be there, Carol. I've scheduled a tweet.
  • Thanks, Baggy. I'm not there either tonight. :(
  • Don't worry about me, I'll just talk to myself ...
  • Sorry, but I'm only just finishing work and I must have some time that doesn't involve a computer.

:-B

I have scheduled a tweet, so it'll almost be like I am there.

;)
  • Tomorrow (Wednesday) is #writingchat on Twitter between 8-9 pm. The subject this week is ghostwriting.

• Remember tonight is #writingchat on Twitter, hope a few of you will be free to join in between 8pm and 9pm.

The subject this week is ghost writing.
  • Hopefully I can catch some of this, I've just completed a project as a ghost. ...whoOOOoooo!
  • That will be interesting.
  • Just to clarify, is it ghostwriting or ghost writing (as in a ghost who writes)?

• Well Patsy never specified. Patsy said ghostwriting and Maria said ghost writing- I assume writing ghost stories, but as they're both away with limited or no signal I'm willing to go with both or either.
  • I need another photo.
  • To be honest, I suspect they both meant ghostwriting. The two topics aren't connected and the conversations are going to be erratic unless you stick to one or the other.
  • Without knowing how much knowledge participants have of ghostwriting it's probably going to be best to see which one is popular.
  • 28 minutes to this week's #writingchat.
  • Photo's scheduled for 7.59...
  • Another good evening. #:-S

Patsy and Maria can decide next week's subject as I won't be there-I'm in charge at speaker's night at the writers' club while chairman is on holiday...
  • Well done, Carol. You hosted superbly!
  • It was fab!

In case you missed it, here's the link to a ghostwriter:

http://www.andrewlownie.co.uk/authors/deborah-crewe
  • Just thinking out loud here, but it would be interesting to hear from a ghostwriter about how it actually works - perhaps Webbo could commission an article?
  • Sorry guys, I was on my phone, so while I was there. My input (@millymollymo) was limited. I tried to get the importance of being aware of the contract over.
  • Thanks for your input SL.

Yes, that came over, thanks for highlighting it.
  • Thanks for taking care of things, Carol.
  • I would have been there anyway, so it was no problem, PM.
  • Another Wednesday, so it's #writingchat again.

PM will be along later to mention tonight's subject...

Sadly I'll be elsewhere tonight.
  • Oh! Wednesday comes around so regularly. Almost caught me out!
  • The theme tonight is ... distraction.

• Pfft!

• This week it's 'blogging'.
  • Blogging...?

That's a tough one. I'll have to give it some thought.
  • Tonight 8-9 pm the #writingchat subject is blogging.

Share your tips, good and bad experiences...
  • I think me and Loz as @LM_Towton will be joining you tonight :)
  • Brilliant- the more the merrier. Just remember to use the #writingchat hashtag. Helps when we try to catch-up later or tomorrow if people miss it. :)
  • PM, do you find you get more followers on a Wednesday, and during the #writingchat session.
  • Sorry I couldn't really be there.

:bz
  • Your contributions were noted. :-))
  • 90% were scheduled. I like to plan my attack.
  • PM, do you find you get more followers on a Wednesday, and during the #writingchat session.
    Yes - but most unfollow shortly afterwards if I don't immediately follow back. I used to follow anyone who followed me, but I've since unfollowed a lot of people I never interacted with and many then unfollowed me. Not much point having followers who're only interested in a follow back - I'd rather have less but for them to be people who might sometimes see my tweets.
  • edited July 2015
    A lot of them it's clear they just want to build up numbers, but a few I'm interested in- from looking at their tweets- even if I don't interact with them personally.

I probably only follow one or two a week, and they're mainly people I know anyway.