Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Lovely morning.
  • Lovely afternoon.
  • Peed down this morning, lovely later
  • My sister is here and I am having to grit my teeth and put heating up to 20!

I rarely set it above 18

Mild and damp here earlier
  • Our heating is set at 20, which feels hot when we come in from outside but we live a fairly sedentary life so we need it. Luckily our walls are thick so the boiler isn't on all the time.
  • A cold day. My radiators can be set individually. In the evening I only heat the lounge. I like a cold bedroom. In the morning I'll heat the bathroom and bedroom.
  • Grotty weather. Walked up to the surgery to get some fresh air - it was forced down my throat by the lung-full! Remind me never again to bother with an umbrella.
  • When it rains it's heavy. Dry at the moment. Grey clouds looming!
  • VERY windy. Luckily my Fulton umbrellas can take it. Was gusted about a lot on the way to cafe. I heat my house all through cos otherwise there are draughts, and son's bedroom is too cold without it on all day in there. It's two stories high in one part and has a ladder into a loft space the other with a bed and his X box in. The bathroom can't be turned off, thank goodness (all heating systems have to have one radiator that can't turned off in a gas fired CH system, when the heating is on, that is). On the way home a beautiful whole rainbow came out over the village, encompassing a diorama of fluffy white-topped grey clouds like a seascape.
  • It piled with hailstones earlier and I just looked out the window and everything is white.
  • Sleet earlier.
  • Windy and very cold.
  • A wee bit chilly. So glad to be home warm and snug.
  • Lovely day today, so my haircut was still in place when I got home!

• Glorious freakin day tooooooday

Oh. Are you donning a toupee these days, Lizy?

*glances knowingly in Snailmail's direction then scarpers*
  • How. Dare. You!
    My hair is all my own, and thicker than ever now it's half grey.

Our nice day went downhill just now with a sudden splatter of what sounded like sleet on the window.
  • Nice day in Dorset but we've just had a shower.
  • Nice morning, wet afternoon. No rain at present.
  • Raining! And it's choir! Heating last of soup.
  • Been nice here. Rained heavily when I was in a Beeston supermarket, so heavy we could hear it.

For once I hadn't parked in the open and was quite pleased about that.
  • Simply super sunrise over Nottingham Tennis Centre this morn appx 7.30 am
  • Fab. One lot of washing out. 2nd on the way out
  • Lovely morning for our woodland walk. Clouding over now.
  • Nothing special.
  • Same as yesterday
  • Dry!!!
    (But for how long?)
  • The window''s been open all night. It's too cold to get out of bed to close it. I think it's -1°C.
  • Cold but dry.
  • Cold- had to get an extra blanket
  • Very cold and very windy.
  • Very cold, bright for now.
  • Cold/sunny one minute, raining the next.
    I got up in the night to look at the moon. It was so bright I almost had to shield my eyes. I was hoping for a coloured moon, but it looked whiter than white.
  • Still cold.
  • Peeing down all morning.
  • Very cold, just had sleet- I was still outside at the time. My glasses need windscreen wipers.
  • Cold and very wet.
  • Cold, very windy, rain on the way.
  • Cold, wet, dreary.
  • Cold, wet, windy.
  • Beautiful sunshine and balmy temperature.
  • Enjoy it for us, Claudia. It's still wet in Dorset.
  • *sighs*
  • Cold and wet and windy. Not nice.
  • It looks lovely out there - bright and sunny!
  • It is!

Delightfully drying my washing in lots of wind and sun.

Winders open innit to freshen up one's ome. Eeee it dun't get berrer than this do it!
  • Wonderful in Dorset. Didn't even need a coat.
  • Sunny but chilly.