Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• It's lovely but very cold.
  • There was snow on the ground where I went this morning.
  • Morning rain cleared up in time for our village Super Sunday, High Street closure, stalls all along it, children singing carols, mulled cider, hot dogs and mince pies etc. Lovely.
  • Very mild. Very dark and gloomy.
  • Grey, blustery, and cold - I could stand to hang the washing out without a coat, but wouldn't want to linger.
  • Horrible! Just yuk!
  • Dry, sunny and calm.
  • Windy and cold.
  • Chilly. Colder now than first thing.
  • Very cold and windy. sleet earlier. Sun out now.
  • Bright but still a chilly feel.
  • Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I had to scrape my car windscreen twice today.

It was bitter cold out there today.
  • Cold, frosty.

Some light blue sky with high thin cloud layer.
  • Bright and sunny.
    Blue sky and white rooftops.
  • Very light snow in the night. Nothing to see by getting-up-time.
    A little cloudy but should be nice for a walk.
  • Grey but reasonably mild. We don't get too many frosty mornings in south west Ireland and we're not forecast for snow. I've only experienced a couple of winters so I'm no expert, but the snow seems to stay up on the peninsula heights and rarely reaches us down by the coast.
  • Cold and wet now. Dry first thing so Sammi and I had a lovely woodland walk.
  • Cold, bright, but the sky has become murky.
  • Very wet!
  • Heavy frost this morning in Sussex - now drizzly.
  • I've found an answer to that, Lizy, having very, very fine hair that flattens in an instant and makes me look practically bald. A think that is just a band of fleece that goes round the ears and forehead and round the back, leaving the top to remain as fluffy as possible. Its wonderfully warm, stops ears getting cold, but doesn't ruin your hair.

Also I've found that a good cashmere scarf is as goo as a hat snuggled round your neck - TK MAxx has them regularly and reasonably.
  • Snowing, and windy, so the snow is falling in different directions.
  • Thick snow, and still snowing!
  • Wet and windy. Sleet due later. No snow forecast – thank goodness. I have to get to Mum's today and then out again tomorrow.
  • Snowing all morning and still snowing - no pitching though.
  • Wet and windy - the sun is now peaking out.

Stay safe over there across the Irish Sea.
  • No snow in north Dorset. Just sleet. Lots of it.
  • The snow we had has melted. :(
  • We've had about 8 inches. Stopped snowing about an hour ago but more due tomorrow.

My camelia snapped and three pencil pines in tall pots fell over. I had to brush snow from all the pot plants as they were all bowing with the weight of the snow. A big tree snapped and fell across a road nearby and cars have been abandoned all over place!
  • Wet and cold.
  • Damp and cold, no rain though. The redwings and fieldfares and blackbirds and finches and robin etc all eating from the apples we have left for them on the lawn and tree. It's especially nice to look out and see them on the tree eating a fresh apple!
  • Wet, sleet, snow and rain in bursts, and windy. Ugh!
  • Sunny but very cold.
  • Sunny here. Will test the temp later.
  • Sooooo glad it's raining

The snow is being washed away, yaaay
  • Damp and grey. Not as cold as it has been.
  • It started out cold today but with brilliant sunshine. Now squall after squall is rolling in off the bay. I managed to get Rosie outside between squalls, but it's very yucky out there now.
  • Positively balmy after that cold snap

I finally went out today
  • Cold and wet.
  • Bright and sunny.
  • The promised fog didn't materialise and the ice was thick on my windscreen. Sunny and c-c-c-c-cold.
  • Frosty earlier, still sunny.
  • Foggy and freezing cold in Cork city yesterday (much colder than here).
    It's a misty drizzly day today.
  • Drizzle.
  • Gorgeous sunny day today - and mild too!
  • Was quite good today, and didn't need my winter coat on- clear skies. Got home at my usual time and half hour later there was thick fog.
  • Damp but not cold.
  • Cooled down a bit from yesterday. Sky has washed-out pink tones, peach in places.
  • Warm and grey