Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

~FREE BOOKS BY HELEN LAYCOCK THROUGHOUT 2016~

2»

Comments

• Oooh well done!
  • 28th November-2nd December

The Secret of Pooks Wood, a time-shift adventure for readers of 9-12, is FREE to download as a kindle edition.

(It is also available as a paperback at £4.50.)

When twins Lily and Ollie are stranded at Great Hawkesden Manor over Christmas with their mother Stella, they have no idea what will happen when they find an old glass snow globe.

Inside it not only is there a miniature model of the manor house, but there is magic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Pooks-Wood-Helen-Laycock-ebook/dp/B00JLQ2B24/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

‘Ok, I know it's a children's book, but it's so well written it appeals to all ages.'

‘Really captivating story that moved intriguingly from the present to various times in the past with Great Hawkesden Manor and a snow globe linking the times. Loved the character development and the ending! Highly recommend’

‘I shared reading this with my 13 yr old daughter. We both really liked it.
    It was well written and the characters were well developed.'

‘This is one of those magical stories which shows wonder and enchantment in the faces of young children. I am far from being a child myself (although I did used to be one) yet I was quickly pulled into the very real feeling family Christmas story and, by chapter 2, I was totally hooked.'

'Helen Laycock's writing is rich with careful use of grammar and the feast of colourful text is fabulous for young brains to soak up. I can't think that any 8+ child, girl or boy, could help but be gripped by this magical story and I would certainly recommend to my friends with young children.’

I hope you enjoy it!