Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in July's magazines, due out tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• Well done to all from me too. Your letter makes the point superbly Dorothy. I too have a letter on WM-p59 but unfortunately it has had an explanatory sentence edited out without which it seems a bit pretentious. I suppose I must have rambled on a bit too much in my excitement, though it's still fun to see it printed.
  • Hi
    I'm new here, enticed in by Dorothy's letter. I look forward to meeting you all online.
  • Welcome to Talkback Gwynneth. I hope you get a lot out of it. Apart from some invaluable information, which goes without saying, you'll also discover most Talkbackers have imaginations that sometimes border on the bizarre. Hehehe. And of course, I hope you make a lot of like minded friends. Welcome.
  • Hello Gwyneth, welcome to Talkback. I'm sure you'll find yourself at home quickly, and for down spells Jan has a big armchair we can curl up in (in a manner of speaking.)Look forward to your views.
  • Welcome, Gwynneth. Talkback is a great forum. It has so much that writers need: useful advice, encouragement and threads where you can exercise your imagination. It's also a place to let off steam!
  • Welcomed, Gwynneth, glad my letter did some good!
    Stay with us for madness, advice and support when needed.
  • Hello Gwynneth. Keep away from bizarre Island Girl.

As everyone knows I am the sanest person here. I even have a talking dog named Stan's Dog and a remarkable cat named Kool Kat.

Hi Dorothy, I agree entirely with your Star Letter - will you frame it?

Dora - now what can I tell you about her?
    MWelshman is a pet.
  • Thanks for all the kind words. The pen arrived today, it's lovely! Didn't expect it to be so sleek and stylish somehow, being used to office pens.  No, I won't frame it, Stan, I will frame the contract when I get one ... still working at it.
  • Keep working at it Dorothy! 
  • I haven't had a chance to read the magazines properly yet but flicked through to look at the photos, and article titles, and discovered a photo of me, Butterfly and Lily from the Awards day (page 14 as Butterfly has said). Then realised the photo is on page 47 as well, plus on Writers' News!! I'm also on the stairway photo but you can only see the top of my head at the back. :o) I'll have a proper look and look out for people's successes mentioned in this posting.
  • Hello to newcomers, and congratulations to all those published in July's magazines.

Apparently there's not much wrong with my blood - a bit surprising, since I blacked out last Friday for a moment and came to on the kitchen floor; and then on Saturday I didn't make it in time to the sofa, and found myself collapsed on my back in the dining room. Now all I've got to do is find out why I was so exhausted throughout May. The good news is I'm feeling much better - touch wood - and was able to work on my Flash Fiction collection on Monday, and I sent it off to my publishers today.
  • Glad to hear you're feeling better and good luck with the flashfiction collection.
  • Jay - Glad to hear you're OK. Presumably they've checked to make sure you don't have occasional problems with low blood sugar or low blood pressure.
  • That sounds as if it still needs investigating, Jay, but I'm glad the blood tests have come back okay. Take it easy and make sure you keep well.
  • at least they didn't immediately find anything wrong, the good news is you are feeling better but it is stil a bit of a worry for you.  Hope it doesn't happen again.
  • That sounds very much like something that happened to my neighbours,a few weeks ago now, although she is in her 70's, and she is still having the odd turn now and then- her GP thought it was a bug of some sort.
    Hope things improve Jay, and glad to have you back here.
  • Just a thought, Jay: you haven't had a bad bout of 'flu or something similar in the last year, have you? I'm not a doctor (well, not that sort of a doctor anyway) but your symptoms sound like a classic post-viral syndrome to me. Blood tests often come out normal in such cases. I don't think there are any obvious cures beyond plenty of rest, healthy food and a properly paced, rhythmic lifestyle, but others may know of complementary remedies that might help.
  • Jay - maybe you just need a relaxing holiday.