Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

On Beauty...and The Da Vinci Code

2»

Comments

• Thanks ST, I'm a long way from Steinbecks standards! But I'm working on closing the gap. East of Eden is a terrific novel by the way. Well he is simply a great writer!

Stirling you DO have the determination, and you will get there, i have no doubt! Thats without reading any of your stuff!
    Didn't mean to offend about anger, i have a tendency to shoot from the hip and think afterwards, damn! Wish you guys luck as well!
  • Steinbeck - now that is a great role-model for any writer here in my opinion.  Wonderful use of language, great big ambitious storylines, excellent characterisation, but most of all the underlying love for humanity and compassion which seeps through all his best novels.  And highly readable. 
  • No offence taken!.

I have a thick skin and I prefer people to be straight with me.

There are times I wish agents or publisher would just be straight with me, and say if they think it's crap say it's crap, instead of this nonsense about full lists!.
  • Here here! But...that would take a little thing called effort! Eshh, maybe that was harsh, but two rejection letters in one day is my excuse! I'll be throwing myself in their in a few years anyway.