Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Ideas for publicity

2»

Comments

• Hmm. First page of comments 1-50. Nothing to be seen. Hope this post'll mean I can read the rest.
  • Thanks, Dora. Looks like branching-out is nothing to do with libraries now.

It seems anyone wanting to contact libraries will have to do each one separately. This site should be of use:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/ac940/weblibs.html
  • When I posted earlier I forget to mention Local Radio. Living in Rutland I have done book interveiews on Radios Rutland, Lincolnshire, Leicester and Northants. It's difficult to know if they genereate many sales.
  • When I wrote earlier about ways to sell your books, I forgot the local radio stations. Living here in tiny Rutland I have done live interviews on all the surrounding radio stations to advertise my books. That's radios Rutland. Leicester, Lincolnshire and Northants.
  • "There's always the ISBN spinoff"

Sorry norcot - could you elaborate for this dimwit ?
  • When you have an ISBN your details are available on every bookshop computer. I am still selling some of my non fiction books 12 years after publishing them because of this. Orders are placed via the shop computer to Gardners or Bertrams (The two book wholesalers in the uk) via Nielsens. They are then ordered from me and shiped to bookshops.
  • For RebeccaT(ea)