Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Erewash Writers' Group - Short Story Competition closes June 2012

13»

Comments

• Just seen one of my stories is on the longlist of 60 (213 entries). I think they are a bit behind so fingers crossed I make it to the short list. In MY view the second entry was superior as it had made the short list in one of John Yeoman's comps, which shows you need a helluva lot of luck in writing comps, it's SO subjective.
  • Well done, Brian
  • And Too-Slight
  • Blows trumpet loudly - I'm surprised to find my story on the long list
  • Well done Betsie, and Toothlight.
  • edited July 2012
    Only just realised I'm on the long list ;)
    Can't see the shortlist yet though
  • The shortlist is posted on the same page as the longlist - just further down. (At least it was when I looked!)
  • Sorry it's so late on the final day but it's there now.

If you've been longlisted you should be proud of your achievement and you are welcome to blow your own trumpet because there were 216 entries.
  • Well done to all - including Dora and her comp team.
  • edited July 2012
    Well done to red-lucy on the longlisting.

Anyone made the shortlist?

And big congratulations to Dora and her team.
  • Thanks to Libby just looked again and I'm shortlisted woo hoo :D
  • [quote=snailmale]Can't imagine I'm the solitary TBer in the frame[/quote]

Hadn't actually checked the website until today so just hadn't realised-I'm always up for blowing my own trumpet ;)
  • Well done red-lucy, great to see a TB has made it.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm on the short list as well.:)

Well done red-lucy
  • Well done snailmale, that's wonderful.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm on the shortlist too, well, unless someone else has entered a story with the same name!
  • I won't be on any list, long or short, because I was stupid enough to leave my name on my entry.
    Debbie emailed today to tell me, which was kind, so now I shall go through ALL my short stories and make sure they're not headed with "by Liz Young" like my books are.
    Well done to those who made it through and good luck.
  • I'm sorry Liz, so easy to do. I did that once and told myself that at least it was a charity competition so I'd made a good donation! Lovely they told you, at least you weren't left wondering if the story was no good.
  • Well done PB.

Sorry, Liz y.
  • Well done polar bear and snailmale :)
  • Well done, all you shortlisted TBers.

My, what a lot of talent we have here!!
  • I'm on the shortlist too. Good luck to everyone else who's made it there.
  • Good luck to you, Kayess.
  • I just.....hoped my other story (which I thought the best) would be on the short list, but it aint.So best o'luck to the short listed TBers, and hope one you is a winner.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]My, what a lot of talent we have here!![/quote]

We do. I had no idea so many TBers had entered. Thought it was only two or three.

Toothlight, your story was longlisted, wasn't it? That really is an achievement after all the entries we had and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for that. There are a couple of other Tbers who were longlisted too yet not shortlisted it seems. I hope you are proud of that as there were A LOT of stories entered.
  • Well done Kayess.
  • [quote=Kayess]I'm on the shortlist too[/quote]
    Woo hoo well done :)
  • Well done, long- and short-listers. Isn't it lovely to know that you've got that far? Proud of you, one and all!
  • Crikey, well done all of you, long and the short of it is, with 216 entries (bloomin' ECK, Dora!) you've done very well no matter if you don't get any further!
  • I take your point, ceka and others, and another competition saw me in the short list of just six with 156 entries. But...at the end of the day it's another 'so near and yet so far' situation. Don't we enter ANY competition to be a winner, or at least in the prizes?
  • Of course, toothlight.
    But we have to remember that the same shortlist with a different judge might award the win to a different person, so in the end skill only takes you so far, the rest is in the hands of fate...
  • Back from holiday to find I am on the short list too ... it is quite a long short list however. Congrats to the others who made it through.
  • Well done Bangkok Girl
  • Congratulations BG.
  • Well done BG :)
  • Congrats to all those short listed. Fingers crossed for a TB winner!
  • I now know that I haven't made it to the final three, but I'm still happy to have got as far as the short list. Congratulations to the winners!
  • Well done on the shortlisting Kayess.
  • I didn't make the final three, but had a lovely and helpful email from the judges about my short listed story. Many thanks to the organisers who did a super job. I will certainly enter their competitions again. Very professional.
  • Well done on the shortlisting BG.
  • Didn't make the cut-but pleased to be short-listed ;)
  • Well done Red-lucy.
    It's good to know some TBs made the list. :)