Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

There I woz...[fun]

2»

Comments

• The River Thames.
  • 'Knew I should have learned to swim,' he thought, before...
  • ...a shark came knibbling his toes.
  • C2C2
    edited September 2014
    "Just a little to the left on the big toe, please," he asked the shark. The shark looked up at him and said..
  • 'my knibbling doesn't come cheap'.
  • Having got out of the Thames, Stan, went home to wash and put on his best suit, readt to meet THE WIFE at Kings Cross Station in London. an hour later he was still waiting and waiting and ...
  • edited September 2014
    And Stan, having crossed threads several times, is left to write his own story.
  • And is stilll waiting...
  • edited October 2014
    Meanwhile, in a far country, Mustapha the Camel waited, aware of the increasing clamour from afar, and sure that he would soon be swept back in to Talkback on a tsunami of popular demand.
  • He heard the unfamiliar PING of a text and craned his neck to reach his mobile phone from the saddle bag. He held it between his big, yellow teeth and became cross-eyed as he attempted to read the message. It seemed he had a friend after all.

'Well, bless my hairy humps,' he exclaimed to a passing sidewinder (though it sounded, through gritted teeth, like 'gless gy airy gunks'), 'I've only got a message from...'
  • Stan waiting at King's Cross ....
  • 'If Lassie can do it, then what's to stop a big, strapping camel? I must make my way to London straight away! Now where did I put that Oyster card...?' Mustapha girded his loins (as you do) and...
  • went to rescue the stranded Stan but ...
  • his loins, unused to being girded other than for the purpose of sensual pleasure, wilted at the prospect of secretly travelling to King's Cross clinging to the underside of an HGV.. He read the message again and pressed 'delete'.
  • 'Nah, Stan will be fine as long as he throws down his hat to collect a few coins. I'm off to the KazBar for a pint of...'
  • edited October 2014
    Diana, which I first tasted in the Cabaret Andalus in Baghdad in 1956." Mustapha was overcome with nostalgia, and his rheumy camel eyes filled with tears as the memories flooded back. "Forty-five fils a bottle it was, that was forty'five pence, and that was a lot for a pint in 1956." He sighed, emotionally drained. "It was camels p*ss then and it's camels p*ss now."

• 'Perhaps I should settle for a cappuccino...' As he lolloped across the sand dunes towards Larry's Caf, Mustapha had a sudden stroke of inspiration...
  • Ring Dial-a-coffee...now what is the number to dial?
  • edited October 2014
    "You wanna coffee, Mustapha?" The voice was sultry and seductive. "You wanna bring that sexy hump back to mine?" At first, Mustapha couldn't see where the voice was coming from but then, looking down...
  • 'Looking down'?

CUT

...but then, looking straight ahead...
  • edited October 2014
    saw nothing.
    "Down here you thick camel, down here!" The voice, though still sultry, had replaced 'seductive' with irritability. Mustapha swished his tail, angrily, and...

• ...flicked over the tiny irritant in the process.
    'Now look what you've done,' said the voice. 'I'll care to remind you that where there's blame, there's claim and that tailflick has caused me great injury. You owe me...'
  • edited November 2014
    '...big time, Mr!'
    And at that, the voice rolled up its sleeves, which is quite a feet for a voice, and then rolled...