Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What book(s) is everyone reading at the minute?

12345679»

Comments

  • Publisher: Penguin Classics
    Author:     Virgil, Translation: Fagles, R.
    Title:        The Aeneid
  • Words and Rules by Steven Pinker.
  • edited February 20
    I'm interested to know why you've chosen to read what it is yr reading atm. 

    I'm reading Meg Rosoff 'How I live now' because it was recommended by a friend. 

    So, what's yr reason for reading what yr reading?
  • dora said:
    I'm interested to know why you've chosen to read what it is yr reading atm. 

    I'm reading Meg Rosoff 'How I live now' because it was recommended by a friend. 

    So, what's yr reason for reading what yr reading?
    I'm currently reading a SF novel and a book about spying. The novel is good old entertainment and the book about spying is interesting. It is worrying to read how many traitors there were in the UK during the 1970s passing info to the Russians.
  • I'm reading Neil Hainan, American Gods. Because I heard it's a classic and I have enjoyed his short stories. Am finding it rather disjointed.
  • I'm reading Good Me, Bad Me by Ali Land.
    All the books in this house are charity shop purchases. I think my OH must have bought it because I don't normally read Suspense. However, I'm enjoying trying to work out what's really going on with the protagonist. 
  • Publisher: Weidenfeld & Nicholson
    Author:     Michael Palin
    Title:         New Europe
  • Maurice by E.M. Foster.  
  • I am about a tenth into Barkskins by Annie Proulx and it's fantastic writing. I read the first section in one sitting, which I'm not usually good at doing, but I wouldn't let myself put it down until I got to a natural break. I'd read a great review of it a while ago and remembered it was on my to-read list when I saw it on the library shelf. I think renewals may be necessary though!
  • DeneBebbo said:

    I'm currently reading a SF novel and a book about spying. The novel is good old entertainment and the book about spying is interesting. It is worrying to read how many traitors there were in the UK during the 1970s passing info to the Russians.
    You're reading two books then?

    I expect spying is still rife.
  • dora said:
    DeneBebbo said:

    I'm currently reading a SF novel and a book about spying. The novel is good old entertainment and the book about spying is interesting. It is worrying to read how many traitors there were in the UK during the 1970s passing info to the Russians.
    You're reading two books then?

    I expect spying is still rife.
    Yeah, I usually have at least two books on the go. I'm now also reading a book for article research.
  • Publisher: Penguin 1965
    Author:    Krautheimer, R.
    Title:        Pre-Christian and Byzantine Architecture

  • Embarrassed to admit I gave up on Neil Gaiman and am now reading The Kite Rider by Geraldine McCaughrean.
  • Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens

    Beautiful writing in a coming-of-age story.
  • Reading a thriller called The Sandman by Lars Kepler.
  • Paul Theroux: My Secret History.
    I've read it before, but he's so good, a re-read is always a pleasure.
  • IBTAURIS London, New York
    Reynolds, B.
    Dante The Poet and Political Thinker, the Man
  • The House by the Sea, Louise Douglas. 
  • Just finished The Trick to Time by Kit de Waal, which I liked but was very sad and dwelt a bit much on the sad bits.
    About to start The Stationmaster's Daughter by Kathleen McGurl who I know from a writing group I was in.
Sign In or Register to comment.