Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in October 08's magazines due out 4th September?

13»

Comments

• Yippee, mine arrived this afternoon. Haven't had chance to read it yet (must watch the tennis tonight:)) but congratulations to everyone who made it into the news and mag.
  • Consistency on delivery is clearly an issue for some TB's.
  • No sign of mine yet, though well done all 'stars' in getting your work into this month's offering (I look forward to reading it - after last month's mag which I haven't opened yet).
  • Well done everyone. Haven't managed to read everything yet, but hope to today.
  • I bought mine from Smiths yesterday but haven't got round to reading it yet.

I will make a point of reading it this lunchtime now I know so many Talkbackers are in it this month!

Well done everyone who made it in the mag and well done to everyone else anyway...you're all smashing too :D
  • Mine still not come, I have rung up subs to ask where it is and the woman said it should have come so she is sending me another one and that I should get it in 7-10 days. Typical that it's late or gone missing the month I am in it!
  • I can't believe you all haven't got your copies. Mine arrived today! Maybe they mistakenly posted them all to Oz?

Loved your poem, Kateyanne. I knew a few girls like that at school. :D

Congratulations to everyone who's in. Haven't read it yet, just skipped through to find the poem. Off to read the rest now.
  • I spotted dorothy and Jay!
  • Yep, so did I! And RZ. Will make a point of reading through it properly tonight (the interview with Neil Gaiman got my attention, last night - I loved Neverwhere and Good Omens, must read some more of his work, methinks). Well done, all.
  • Mine's still not in according to my OH. Must ring them up tomorrow.

Typical when it's got an interview with the Gaiman-meister in it.
  • My copy arrived through the post on Saturday (as I have a subscription), but it didn't have the competitions guide enclosed. I've emailed subscriptions via the email address on the main website (on Saturday morning), but haven't yet received a reply. Was that the right contact for me to use? If you've contacted them before, how long did you have to wait for a response?

Thanks
    mysti
  • edited September 2008
    Mysti - the one time I tried using the email link I got no response. Have had to phone frequently over the past few months and they do deal with things very quickly - their 7 - 10 day delivery estimate has always been met by 72 hours in my case. (Though I would STILL prefer my magazine to arrive at the same time as everyone elses! :( )

Well done Jay, Louise, Mutley, Rebecca, James B, Midia, Dorothy, Kateyanne, Montholon - and anybody else who I read about but didn't register as being a TBer! :)
  • my mags have arrived. Not sure if they are the ones that went astray or the new lot that I rang up and asked for on Monday.
  • Bloomin'eck! I've seen Dorothy and Midia in WN (well done, Ladies!), but I'll have to have another scan based on CC's post. What a talented bunch we have on TB.
  • At last I've received my copies of WN and WM. I haven't had time to read through properly yet but I am hoping to have some time to myself this evening.
    It looks like TBers are taking over :)
    Congratulations to Jay, Louise, Mutley, Rebecca, James B, Midia, Dorothy, Kateyanne, Montholon and anyone else I've missed out.
  • Thanks Celtic C,
    I still haven't received a reply via email so will try phoning them this week.
    I'll let you know how I get on.
    mysti
  • mysti, I'm in the same boat as you...have contacted subs, but STILL haven't got my copy. (looking forward to reading Dorothy's, Midia's and Jay's pieces when the mags finally arrive). Doesn't look promising does it...checked the window...no pigs flying by...
  • I phoned the subscriptions department on Monday and didn't get through to talk to anyone. I left my number though and they phoned back yesterday. Apparently many competitions guides did not go out to subscribers, but they'll send me one to arrive within 7 to 10 days.

mysti