Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Latest Static Movement anthologies (speculative fiction)

Comments

• As I mentioned on the Christmas 2010 thread, Static Movement are taking submissions for Christmas stories for their Christmas Fear anthology.

Details can be found here: http://staticmovement.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=schedule&action=display&thread=190

Closes at 31st October, so hurry.

I've already submitted.
  • Ha. That could be a goodie :)
  • For 'Dusted' I told Amazon I was in it and so I was then able to update the Authors page. It does seem to hinge around the Amazon.com v Amazon.co.uk but actually wasn't that difficult.
    Just been accepted into 'Trunk Stories' so will try and add that one when published.

As I'm on the first steps of getting anything at all into print I will endeavour to get any credits acknowledged. The only way is up :)
  • The funny thing is I suggested the idea of a TB anthology a couple of years ago. I think somebody did pick up the idea for a bit but it faded and died. SM and PHP just shows how easy it is to be done and more to the point how many stories TBer's had waiting to be included and how many were willing.

I still think we missed a trick there.
  • Can anyone offer to revive the antho idea? FT Work and family mean I can't at this stage, sorry.

Wasn't the antho to do with OWC entries?

Would we qualify to enter the annual Writers' Circles Awards (can't remember the details off the top of my head, but I read about them somewhere recently).
  • it was OWC, Lily, and life and times got in the way of the production, I seem to remember. It is a big task for one person, Static Movement have the backing of Pill Hill, which helps.
    I can't take it on. My guide has shut me down from even doing readings at the moment.
  • You might want to get rid of the guide then, I'm not sure but scouts are pretty dependable. *Guffaw*

I'd offer but with my own stuff and TKnC there's zip time available.
  • just had two more acceptances into Static Movement anthologies and Lee, watch out, a VERY strange story coming your way tonight for TKnC and all this work is making me want to write fiction again! Stand back, world ...
  • Brilliant news Dorothy. What anthologies are they if you don't mind the question?
  • Well done, Dorothy!
  • I am in Creepy Things, Tribute, Dusted, Something In The Doorway, Christmas Fear (with a New Year story) and there are probably more, can't think of them at the moment, but will sort myself out so I can add them to my Amazon profile.
  • I noticed that Dorothy, well done! I want to get into Tribute, I'll be working on something for that today hopefully. And I've noticed our stories might be after one another in the Christmas Fear too.

And I thought I was taking over Static Movement...
  • interesting!
    Yes, in Oh The Horror too.
    I've just emailed Chris about my story Shiloh, which they wanted, then said it wasn't hard enough SF for that anthology and they would let me know where it ended up. Not heard ...

I think you're in more than I am, Pix!
  • Hey Dorothy, I just checked, your story Shiloh is in Cosmic Catastrophes, by the looks of it. Might be worth doublechecking, though.

Hmm I don't think so...I'm only in 10 :P
  • thank you! Need to add that to my ongoing list.
    I think, of all the stories I've done, Shiloh comes very high up the top of the My Favourite list.
    So far then I am in eight, you're still outdoing me.
  • My favourite is Among The Fields in the Something Dark In The Doorway. I think it's the ending that gets me.

Ooooo. Well, I don't really want to be in a competition, but I do really want to be in the Tribute anthology.
  • Introducing you lot to Static Movement is like unleashing monsters lol
  • you are to be thanked most sincerely, Lee. Loved your story in Dusted, reading that last night. It's my current book to read.

I got in Tribute only after I convinced Chris that Kirk Douglas is truly still alive, now 93 and still blogging! He is the perfect person (taking all that into consideration) for my story Laura's Letters.
  • Out of interest - do Static Movement send all these anthologies free to the contributers?
    I only ask because I know I'll have to buy Pill Hill's flash fiction anthology if I want to see my story in print.
  • No, Claudia, they don't. You have to buy them.
  • Put them on your wish lists and ask for them for birthdays, Xmas etc :)

Got an email from Jessy at Pill Hill today to say my new story Spangles has been accepted into Daily Bites of Flesh. Third time lucky. Hip hip!!

http://www.pillhillpress.com/daily-bites-of-flesh.html - closes 3rd November. Think you're in there Pix, aren't you? Anyone else?
  • Well done Lily.
  • I'm in Daily Bites of Flesh too, Lily!
  • [quote=LilyC]my new story Spangles has been accepted into Daily Bites of Flesh...Anyone else? [/quote]

I got my email last night saying both my stories were accepted in Daily Bites :D Wooo!!
  • Well done boredy!
  • congratulations, everyone! Still waiting on my decision.
  • I had one accepted the other month but Bored Robots is greedy and has 2 in there!
  • The limit of two has been lifted, you can have as many as you want now :D
    I might be even greedier :P
  • I love the 500 word limit.
  • I don't when I have 800 words for a submission!!
    Actually I love it really, I get to murder/edit :D
  • been accepted into Best Left Buried... yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well done Dorothy.
  • I saw that Dorothy, well done!

You'll be catching up with me soon, if not overtaking me. I need to get writing.
  • Just seen this on SM site Dorothy, congrats!
    Well done on getting the first acceptance as well :)
  • Well done Dorothy - this is your year, I think, in all ways!

Yes, I like the challenge of having to edit down. And it usually sounds much better afterwards as every word is crucial. It was particularly challenging in the Arvon 6 words comp!!!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]It was particularly challenging in the Arvon 6 words comp!!! [/quote]

I'd be a bit buggered if I started with 800 for that one Lou!
  • You certainly would find the essence of what you were trying to say!
  • Well done to all those accepted-just been accepted into 'Trunk Stories'. I find it's very motivating-even though it's just exposure. In the process of getting something down for the 'Fountain of Youth' Anthology. Well trying anyway.
  • Congrats all.
  • This link is quite useful - an American writer who lists current (paying) markets each month.

http://www.angiebenedetti.com/blog/category/anthology-market-listings/

Cutting Block Press (her last link - ignore the 2009 reference!) are also taking submissions for Horror Library Vol 5 which is for shorter works than Tattered Souls Vol 2.
  • That's a great link Lou and thanks so much for posting it. I'm sure it'll come in very useful to a good few people on here, me included.
  • I found it accidentially while searching for YA anthologies. I haven't found many yet though!
  • another acceptance ...
  • Which one, Dorothy? You must have an anthology to yourself now, I think!
  • Something In the Attic, this time. An old story that only ever came out in a small press magazine best part of 30 years back.
    I'm in most of them, being seriously considered for an SF one about the new planet which has been discovered.
    Literally raiding my archives. Only 1 brand new story has been accepted, because I simply don't write them these days, having said that, when I wrote the Autumn story I really enjoyed working on it.
  • edited October 2010
    That's good news Dorothy.

Useful link Lou, it has quite a variety.
  • Pix, I'm now in 11 and tomorrow, if there is time, I will check out the Fictioneers too. How many are you in? Have I caught up with you yet?
  • With Static Movement? 11 I think. I think we're at the same amount now, I had an acceptance last night. Not stopping though. Need to work out on my Tribute sub tomorrow.

I'm a member of the Fictioneers, a full member. The badge and card etc is very cool.
  • I love the title 'Fictioneers', that's fun!
  • Jesus 11 stories each. You'll be needing to pop down to Ikea for some new bookshelves I think.