Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Sudden rain downpours but mainly windy and sunny and then not again...
  • Sunshine after early rain. Hope it stays dry for another hour as I'm off to meet a friend in the wine bar.
  • Eeeee

It's bin a grand day for us ducks!
  • edited August 2017
    A terrible and fierce snowstorm has just started. Annoying as I was hoping to do some yoga outside on the patio this morning. Decidedly unseasonal weather for this part of Yorkshire in late August, too.

• Dull, low cloud cover, but at least it's not raining now- it did last night.
  • Dull and cool with rain threatening.
  • Hot, sunny.
  • Warmish tonight. Keeping cool with the fan on...
  • Oh, what a beautiful mooooorning!
  • Dull, complete cloud cover.
  • Same here. Quite warm. Not unpleasant in a gloomy kinda way.
  • Lovely song, TN! Lovely sentiments...!
  • It's still snowing wildly here in Yorkshire. Terrible snow drifts everywhere.
  • I feel chilled just reading that.

Too warm to work in the garden for long.
  • Well, I went out with a cardi and a coat on but no-one else did. Still, I wasn't too warm. that's the trouble with living in a thick-walled cottage you don't know what to expect when you go out...
  • Snowing? In summer? Never heard of that. Boy, is climate change really kicking in..
  • Steaming hot. 30C on the mezzanine - I've turned off the computer and am hiding downstairs. It's never been that hot up there before.
  • Thunder and lightning! Could be worse _ Tenerife had a heat warning in place as they're expecting 45 degrees!
  • Was quite dull this morning, but there's now sunshine and it's warming up.
  • Ditto, Carol. Washing dried in no time.
  • Cooler, thankfully. Summer isn't finished yet; it still has some tricks up its sleeve.
  • Quite a grey day here in Warrenpoint so far, although it has brightened up a little now. I'm afraid to look at the weekend forecast as we've an outdoor festival "Wake the Giant" with music on the streets and a huge giant in the park who will be wakened up on Sunday afternoon by local children banging on pots and pans and shouting at him.

It stayed nice for the blues festival in Armagh a couple of weekends ago, which was great.

Here's the giant! http://www.visitmournemountains.co.uk/wakethegiant
  • Getting very warm... #:-S
  • Snowing? In summer? Never heard of that. Boy, is climate change really kicking in..
    Well, in my defence, we are supposed to be creative writers on here. So, I was being creative.
  • Lovely here in Cornwall.
  • Beeeeooootiful.
  • Just been looking at some images of snow on my device. Looks splendid. Snowfall. Actual. That really is a beautiful scene...
  • Lovely morning in Dorset.
  • Lovely here too.
  • Hazy and hot.
  • Sunny and light breeze.
  • Clouds have cleared. Sunny now.
  • Hot. 26C feels like 33c. Tomorrow will be 30C feels like 40C. It's humid, too. Possible thunder or showers later, but they rarely arrive.
  • Clouded over. Very dull.
  • Hot and sunny.
  • Absolutely brilliant, and the forecast for tomorrow is the same, which is great news for my neice's wedding with marquee reception in my brother's garden, complete with hog roast!!!
  • Dull. Hope it brightens up.
  • Sunny! It was actually too warm in the garden. Sorry.
  • Sunny. Glorious. But must tidy...
  • edited August 2017
    Hot, hotter, hottest. Not so much as a breath of air. We've gone into defense mode - curtains and blinds drawn upstairs. There are no windows on the cooler north side of this house so can't benefit that way. Wednesday is given as 15C feels like 13C - that will come as a shock to the system.
  • Cool this morning, blanket cloud cover and dull.
  • Warm but dull. Better when the sun is out.
  • A little cooler than yesterday, but the car was still oven-like after an hour in the car-park.
  • Despite my earlier report, the day has been very hot and very sunny.
  • There have been raindrops. The sky is grey. It's supposed to feel like 13C out there. I see no reason to test it.
  • Rain. Hope the contractors have removed the marquee from my brother's garden so his lawn gets a good drink.
  • Lots of rain earlier but it's not cold. Just spent some time in the garden pulling things out and tying things up.