Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Current TV Programmes

Comments

• I know what you mean, heather!

I just didn't feel this was sufficiently wrapped up, but it's possible I fell asleep at a significant point.
  • Have you looked at the plot online?
  • Have you looked at the plot online?
    I have not! I had no idea that I could...

*hurries off*
  • I have learned nothing.

'Despite the intriguing, emotional world that the series builds through a deeply atmospheric setting and compelling narrative ideas, Dublin Murders lurches through its final hours and comes out murky, confused, and unnecessarily rushed.'
  • Are you sure you looked really hard?
  • I think so. It took me to Goodreads, too, only to find someone had surmised about what had gone on... I have gleaned that there may be another series in the offing where unanswered questions may be addressed. If they're not, then I shall be severely miffed.
  • heather said:
    I think I watched it a long time ago but wouldn't have sufficient recollection to help! All of the police/crime/thriller type series on TV merge into one in my brain after a while. Same with books!
    Ditto, Heather! We ave t remind each other what has happened each time we watch a programme ina series, lol. Currently watching Marcella and the last episode is tonight on Netflix for us. 
  • edited October 2022
    I'm quite enjoying that Karen programme on Sunday evening.  Oh, I edited to add I've enjoyed Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse fishing programmes.  One of two of their earlier ones weren't so fascinating but recently, I've found them so appealing.
  • I love Paul and Bob and the scenery is gorgeous.
  • Of course!
  • Villages by the Sea. I think that’s what it’s called. Fascinating programme. 
  • This week it was Laxey in the Isle of Man, a favourite haunt of my stepson. I walked those streets with him and Don, did the tour of the mine and the wheel, and had a drink in one or two pubs. Good memories 🙂
  • Glad you saw the programme and enjoyed it, Lizy. 
  • I love Bob and Paul, too. I LOVE Bob on Would I Lie to You.

Currently watching Strictly. I watch in a gang of writers on FB., which is fun. Why do people not like Matt Goss? He makes my flesh crawl - but don't know why. May be I'm doing him a disservice.
  • I feel the same about Matt, not sure why.
    I love Tony Adams and how he has said 'Sod it, if I'm here I might as well have a good go!'
  • I think it's because he's trying too hard to be something he's not - his wig is ridiculous and so are his hats. 

I agree about Tony. I voted for him last night. 
  • I didn't know it was a wig.

I also voted for Tony. 3 votes!
  • Google him. How can he have more hair now than when Bros were 'famous'?

I voted for Tony, the guy who ran the marathon and the comedian who danced last. Only marathon man was a good dancer but at the moment I'm giving votes for entertainment and effort.
  • Yes, I do that too.
    I change later.
  • I usually avoid programmes with subtitles, but tonight's Channel 4 documentary on a Norwegian sexual abuse of all the children in a village, over decades, was gripping.
  • Just watched Motherland. Again. Love that prog. 

Next Thursday 9pm. Inside No 9 Xmas spesh 
  • Happy Valley on Sundays is definitely my fave atm. 
  • Yes, it's fab.
  • Recently discovered how to get GBNews on my TV. I thought they were supposed to be unbiased? They're rabidly anti-Tory, or are they just anti-government?
  • You'd think all stations should be unbiased, Lizy.  But it's so obvious which way some presenters vote in how they manage themselves in front of the camera.  Don't think I've ever found a station called GBNews but some BBC staff cause my eyebrows to raise many a moment.
  • GBNews is a recent channel - 236 on Freeview here. They had a rocky start, I believe, but can't remember details. A reputation for not being particularly politically correct, I think. I saw a snippet on YouTube and thought I'd take a look.
    BBC are clearly biased which is wrong on so many levels. If I want bias I can pick a newspaper.
  • I think GB News were targeted by the cancel culture types and lost some advertisers. All news outlets are biased either overtly or subtly, but I suppose having newcomers like GB News gives more choice to what slant on the world people get to see and hear.
  • Today is one of those stay indoors days.
  • Has anyone seen the series This is US on Prime? It is utterly brilliant. 
  • Nope.  Is that 'us' as in two people or US as in United States?
  • I don't have Prime.
  • Us as in people, dora! It's is just wonderful. We are addicted and Pete doesn't get addicted very easily. 
  • Another series of one of my favourite progs: Ben Fogle's New Lives in the Wild.
  • I do love Happy Valley
  • When I was c. six years of age Mum took me to work with her. 
           "Sit there, in front of the television, whilst Mummy's working," said her boss, switched on and left the room. There was no TV at home. I didn't know what to expect and was calcified after an hour in front of the 'Test Card'! Seems the boss didn't know much about telly either. In those days there were no daytime programmes!!!  
  • heather said:
    I do love Happy Valley
    Last night was brill. Didn’t expect that at all though it has made me thoughtful now about its all going to end. 
  • Me too! I really hope not.
  • Watched à programme about How the Holocaust Started. Thousands of people buried in mass graves all over Eastern Europe, just being found now through the use of ground penetrating radar. 
  • edited January 2023
    heather said:
    Me too! I really hope not.
    What I meant was, is Ryan going to save her or go to his death with Royce.

I don't for a minute think she will die but there will be a massive fight and at that point, Ryan will prove he's not the same as Royce.  Will prove he's made of sterner stuff, as strong as her.  But then again, will he?
  • Crikey. Even more bad options! But baddie loses out is a bit predictable. We will see!!
  • Only one more Sunday where I watch an hour of Vera then turn over to Happy Valley for an hour then watch the rest of Vera on catch up. 

‘Sobs’ 
  • You do know it's Tuesday?
  • Nope, Lizy. It’s Wednesday today, duckie. 
  • Today, yes. My comment was yesterday. 
  • No. It’s Thursday today. 

Heh heh.