Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Current TV Programmes

1234568»

Comments

• My daughter has added me to her Prime Video and I am actually beginning to work out how to use it. Mind you, the elephant programme I watched that was on in the background while I knitted last night was turgid.
  • I think the problem is that we have experienced most types of programme. Novelty seems to have ben well and truly plundered. 

We have been thoroughly enjoying Taskmaster - we have only dipped in before and it's not something you can dip into - you have to empathise with the contestants. We really like Alex Horne. 

Apart from that we watch Would I Lie to You, The Dog House sometimes, Strictly (big in this house), Bake Off, there is a woodworking programme game just started again which we love, so beautiful, and Sewing Bee, the format of which the woodworking programme is like. Pottery Throw Down is a MUST. But drama and comedy - doesn't seem to be anything. I am thinking of paying for Paramount over Christmas so we can watch the new Frasier. 
  • Is that Frasier going to be set in USA or England?  Only I've seen Nicholas Lyndhurst is to be in it.  What character will he play?

Must admit, I do like to watch Dogs Behaving Very Badly.  IMO there should be more widely available lessons for dog owners to go to in order to understand a dogs needs.  There are some half-wits around supposedly in control of their dogs.  
  • re dogs, there really are. I can't bear to watch it because I can't bear to see the incompetent owners. 

Frasier is in the US - but I think it is set in another city than Seattle. NL plays his best friend. There is no Niles but Freddie is big in it. Apparently the first three episodes you miss the old Frasier set up but them you become involved with this new set. So the writing must be ok.
  • It is set back in Boston, from the Cheers days.
  • Dr Who tonight. Great to see DT back as the Dr. even though it’s not for long. 😀
  • I loved it.
  • So did I Heather. It was brilliant. Did you watch the behind the scenes on BBC 3 straight after? Enjoyed that too.
  • Oh, I didn't know the behind the scenes was on - we did enjoy it. Thought it got a bit shmaltzy towards the end, and for goodness sake, I'm pretty sure with all those new improvements the Tardis should have coffee-proof controls and a sprinkler system, but hey-ho, on the whole it was fun.
  • I didn't watch the Behind the Scenes as I went straight on to Strictly - I'll have a look on iplayer.
    There are always a few schmalzy bits, but as you say Liz, fun on the whole. I find it's generally best to let it wash over me and not analyse too much!
  • It was fun, and kept me watching to see what happened next.
  • I enjoyed it although as soon as she mentioned spilling her drink you just knew she was going to spill it again. 

Inside of Tardis looked great. 

Am wondering if they’ll get to visit the old chap before it’s too late. 
  • I watched a classic Corrie today.  It was quite fun to watch it on a dark, wet, miserable afternoon when I didn't feel like going out.  Kirk and Tyrone fighting over Fiz's attentions.  Tyrone rode a horse down the street or rather it rode him.  Hilarious.
  • Just finished watching Good Omens on Prime. I'll give it a few days before I start on Good Omens 2. It's so good I don't want to rush the treat!
  • dora said:
    I watched a classic Corrie today.  It was quite fun to watch it on a dark, wet, miserable afternoon when I didn't feel like going out.  Kirk and Tyrone fighting over Fiz's attentions.  Tyrone rode a horse down the street or rather it rode him.  Hilarious.
    I saw that too Dora. Yes it was hilarious. The Classic Corrie is far better than the stuff they show now. Some great characters in Classic Corrie.
  • It's also interesting, Wilts, to see the characters when they were younger and what they say about the future, knowing full well how their future turned out.

Suranne Jones is so good in her character of Karen.  Again, hilarious watching.
  • Watched the first episode of Frasier and it's not bad. Doctor Who the third episode was brilliant, looking forward to the new doctor. So glad Bernard Cribbins was at least able to film one scene, had me tearing up a bit.
  • I loved Dr Who especially the split clothes bit (trying not to spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen yet!)

• Watched a documentary on ITV.X last night - an archeologist disinterred the skeleton of a 3 million year old hominid, with the help of two African chaps. It was in a deep cave, encased in rock, and took them 19 years. A photographer followed the excavation and it was fascinating. Possibly not everyone's cup of tea but I even pressed pause while I made my supper.
  • edited December 2023

I watched Shawshank Redemption again again. Despite having seen it several times before, I still had to watch it completely to the end. 
  • Great film.
  • Watched Jumanji last night. The original one. Enjoyed it.
  • Watched Tom Hanks in 'A Man Called Otto' on Netflix. Based on the book 'A Man Called Ove'. We all really enjoyed it.
  • I’ve read the book. Really enjoyed it.
  • I liked that film too.
  • I've seen the Tom Hanks version and the original version and read the book. Original film version is my favourite of the films, although Tom Hanks makes a good job of it, as usual.
  • Tiny Nell said:
    Watched Tom Hanks in 'A Man Called Otto' on Netflix. Based on the book 'A Man Called Ove'. We all really enjoyed it.
    That reminds me that I have that book but haven`t read it yet.
  • I will never tire of watching Ted.
  • Dora - did you mean to say Tom? 

I am watching the docu-drama about the Post Office scandal that ruined so many lives. It was unbelievable at the time - this TV drama brings their struggle and suffering to life.
  • edited January 6
    No, Lizy. Ted. The star of Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer’s fishing programme. 

Yes.  That was a real eye-opener into the incompetence of the Post Office. All those lives ruined. 

Currently watching 60 years of Top of the Pops. 70s atm.  So many songs bring back so many memories, lol.  
  • Love Ted
  • Yeah. Bless him. 

I’m going to watch Vera tonight.  Not seen it for sometime.  I like to look at the location really, see if there’s anywhere I recognise. 
  • Just watched Vera. Very good as usual.
  • Yes it was, a very convoluted plot too!