Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Lovely - no need for a cardigan today.
  • Not as hot as expected, cloudier than expected, and humid, but it's been a very pleasant day.
  • That's a cute picture you've added, BB. Kinda reminds me of myself when I was young...
  • Quite warm this afternoon.

But at this moment dark clouds are moving in and we're on a yellow warning for storms.
  • Heavy rain.
  • No rain here Carol on t'other side of Trent
  • Oops. Spoke too soon
  • Seems to have stopped now. Sky a bit lighter.
  • Lovely here in West Sussex.
    Might take my notebook outside - I have a 100 word story to write.
  • Tee-shirt weather this morning. Not been out since.
  • Another scorcher. I have donned a bikini.
  • Hot but not too hot- put a cooling jacket on Lola and she wore it happily, even walking - usually she doesn't want walk in a coat.
  • Violent storm from 2 with rumblings and heavy rain lasting for an hour or so. Calm now. Awful news about some areas.
  • We had black skies and rumblings yesterday, and had the lights on for a few hours. The sun came out later and it was very muggy. Today it's just gloomy with drizzle now and then.
  • Massive storm last night. OH really peed off that he slept through it!
  • edited July 2017
    Can't help thinking he'd be peed off if it had woken him.
  • Yes, an incredible storm! The ferocity of the rain! Thunder! Lighting! Our guttering couldn't cope.

Terrible outcome in Cornwall. We've booked to go there in a couple of weeks. Just like we did the year Boscastle flooded.
  • After last night's wonderful sunset, this morning is dismal and breezy.

No rain yet.
  • The thunderstorm disturbed my concentration when I was writing early this morning. Still, there's a sense of freshness about the place now. Cooling down a little. Much pleasanter climate...
  • Yes, an incredible storm! The ferocity of the rain! Thunder! Lighting! Our guttering couldn't cope.

Terrible outcome in Cornwall. We've booked to go there in a couple of weeks. Just like we did the year Boscastle flooded.
    Please don't book Cornwall next year TN. I will be holidaying there and don't want any extreme weather ta very much.
  • Well last night was a good test as to how our dog copes with thunder and lightning. Fortunately we heard not a peep out of her, so either she was mute with fear - or okay with it!
  • Started raining heavily about 6 am. Lighter rain now, but it's that in for the day look.
  • Changeable, but the best day of the week, apparently. It goes downhill from here. Temperatures have dropped. I may actually get some work done.
  • Blue skies, some sunshine and breezy.
  • Sunny and warm. However, strong gusts keep blowing the windows shut, not completely closed but leaving a gap that makes a farty noise when the wind blows through it. Not good for when you're on the phone to someone.
  • Very pleasant. Warm but not scorching. Breezy but not gusty.

No farty noises (caused by the weather).
  • It's grey and overcast here. Looking like an atmospheric scene from 'Wuthering Heights'. All grim and stark with evil portent..
  • A few light showers today, but not Cornish standards.
  • Rainy and blustery.
  • Bright (ATM)
  • Overcast and windy, but at least it's dry.
  • Addendum: and breezy.
  • Clear sky after a rainy night.
  • Was raining yesterday evening and into the early hours.

Blue sky and big fluffy clouds now, but not warmed up yet.
  • It was 11C this morning when we went out to the garden centres. It struggled to get any higher than that until this afternoon, when the sun came out in between deluges. Weird weather this year.
  • At one stage this afternoon it was raining horizontally. Might have to wear waterproofs when we go to the wine bar later.
  • Raining. :(
  • Rain earlier today but it's been dry for a few hours.
  • Torrential rain!
  • Warm, but there are dark patches overhead...
  • We now have sunshine!
  • Must have been the choccy biscuits. Maybe a magnum later if it stays like this.
  • Torrential rain. Hope the river's not too high when I set off for home. :(
  • Clouded over now. Hope you get home safely BB.
  • Glorious day today (& yesterday).
  • Cool, rainy, but little wind. Cold enough in doors to want socks, and to be jealous of the log burner on Escape to the Country.
  • Has stayed dry and slight warmth.
  • Light rain.
  • Hardly a cloud to be seen and comfortably warm.