Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• The sort of showers where, if you miss them, you enjoy the warm sunshine, and if you don't, you get soaked in moments. We managed the market between showers, though fortuitously we were having coffee/hot chocolate and pains aux amandes in the bakery cafe during one of them.
  • We had very heavy rain this morning. Met a few friends for coffee. We had chosen the venue so that we could sit outside. Instead, we dripped in like drowned rats and steamed.
  • Very, very windy.
  • Yes, windy here as well. There is lots of debris at the edges of the road, plus a big bit of tree had come down. There is a lot of flooding, too.
  • Dry but very windy.
  • Oh, my! The heavens have just opened. Five minutes ago it was sunny.
  • Dry, windy, warm. It feels colder indoors.
  • Cold and wet. Just put the heating on.
  • Wet and windy.
  • edited June 2017
    Can't make up its bloody mind. One minute a downpour, next minute sunshine.
  • Blowy but dry. Rainbow weather yesterday.
  • Drier than yesterday. Still breezy, and the moments of brightness are quickly being masked by grey clouds.
  • Same here.
  • Darn it sun in and out like a fiddlers elbow and wind gusty.
  • Same here Liz.
  • Brightened up, but the wind is very blowy.
  • Wet, wet, wet again!!
  • Been dry all day. Bit blowy outside. Stepped out into the communal garden earlier to enjoy the sunshine. Had a 'play' with one of the friendly cats outside here.

She appears to live in the flat below mine. Have seen her(with a red collar to differentiate her) at their window, indoors, but have also seen her jumping up to the first floor flat in the adjacent block, so no idea what's going on there?! The cat seems confused!! Wonder if her owner, whichever one that is, knows where she spends part of her time?? A nomad known to all....
  • Dry so far , walking up village later for coffee and to vote.
  • Grey. Not the type of day which inspires me to get out and enjoy summer!
  • Grey and spitty. Not cold.
  • Sun's peaking through a bit. Not cold, but not terribly warm either. Wonder what the summer holds for us? It's been quite cool for the past few years, most of the time, here in London...
  • It's so hot. I can't move. The sun is beating down on me already, burning my skin. Draining me of all my energy.

I need water, though. Sweet, clear, pure, water.

I guess I'm going to have to get out of bed and go to the kitchen - soon.
  • Very poetic, Slim - but get up, you lazy beggar!

Lovely blue sky, difficult choosing what to weat that's cool but decent.
  • I've chosen cool over decent.
  • Expecting 33 degrees today. Phew...
  • I managed ... to switch the fan on.
  • Thanks Tiny. It was one small switch for man...
  • It's been lovely and sunny for days!
  • Still too damn hot but it could be worse, we could still be in Tenerife!
  • Hot already. Meeting a client later. Hope we don't melt.
  • Unbearable, this weather, but with my vitamin D insufficiency, I can sneak outside for a few minutes at a time to take in the sun. Should soon boost the levels..
  • Overcast in Cumbria. Pleasantly cool.
  • Been overcast and cool, but wonderful to walk around outside and breathe at the same time.
  • Still blinking boiling here. 33 degrees again!
  • Yep, scorching in Dorset.
  • Checked the weather for the rest of summer, on accuweather and it seems to suggest this will be the hottest week this season. I do hope they are right.

There was a time I could spend hours out in the sun, when younger and a keep fit fanatic. Loved cycling in such weather. These days, I'm melting....
  • Hot. Not sleeping well. Brain foggy.
  • Hot at home. Nice breeze whilst out and about whilst nearer (marginally) to the coast.
  • Rain showers in Cumbria. Feels warm and fresh. Thunder forecast.
  • Ever so dry here. The sun's bright and I'm sitting around semi naked in my flat. Not expecting any more deliveries today so won't need to dash about to put some clothes on just to receive a parcel..
  • Hot here. My parcel already arrived.
  • Muggy in London today but it's quite pleasant it being a little cooler
  • There's a breeze so lovely and cool outside. Dull clouds lurking too.
  • Clouds and breeze, I'm hoping for no rain as the hammock is out... not sure whether to put it away or not.
  • Lovely and cool here - which I'm sure people will complain about soon enough :P
  • It's warmer in the house than out rather than the other way round, but still warm enough to go out, put hammock away and enjoy the breeze!