Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problems with Talkback

Comments

• Presumably you guys at mission control are aware of the 'fatal non-recoverable error' which sometimes lets me log in and sometimes not. Webbo? It might boot me off at any minute, especially when I use the Back to Discussions link.

Or is it just me?

If so, I'll change my brand of deodorant.
    I'm in IE at the mo, but I had the trouble in Firefox, and I've had the same error on this machine and on another one, but only today. It's not an error I've ver encountered before.
  • Very pleased to be back in. Phew. Sorry everyone - a chain reaction of unfortunate hiccups with our server and connection.
  • Im using my phone to bypass the log in. On my computer it keeps reverting back to the sign in page over and over. I cant sign in. Webbo help!
  • Gully can't get in either.
  • Lot of other people also can't get in, Webbo! Hope you find what's wrong soon. It's lonely in here!
  • Yes, think we're back now. I couldn't get in myself last night to answer this!
  • Hurray for Webbo :)
  • I can get in but can I comment?
  • I can! HUZZAH!! And another huzzah for being able to use the word huzzah on a Tuesday...huzzah!
  • Oooh, just been on Facebook though, and some people are still unable it seems to comment... darn it, don't know their names here apart from IG...
  • Huzzah on a Tuesday?! Before 10am?! HUZZAH!
  • I haven't seen that Liz - is it on our wall?
  • edited March 2012
    I'm back!!!! I've missed everyone so much. Just saw the Tweet.
    Thanks Webbo and WM techies.
  • Yaaaaaaay, I'm IN!!!! Haven't been able to access TB all weekend. I thought you'd cracked the doops with me, Webbo. ;) Seriously, I was getting a white page with a 'fatal error' message until this morning. (Your time 9pm Monday night) When the yellow page came up with the list of threads I thought my luck was finally in - until I went to sign in. As soon as I typed in my username and password, it reverted straight back to the normal yellow page again. It just kept jumping me back over and over and oh wooooooe.......

But now I'm a happy little vegemite again. Thank you, Webbsteroonie!! :D
  • Very pleased to have you back IG! Sorry for cracking the doops, I think.
  • Yes it did that to me too IG, it was so frustrating.
  • Yup, me too. Good to be back! (But the site is excruciatingly slow - or is it just me??)
  • [quote=Island Girl]cracked the doops [/quote]

Love it! The phrase, I mean. Not actually having my doops cracked - which sounds distinctly painful.
  • Hehehe, Neil, it is never nice to have one's doops cracked, I can assure you. :D
  • edited March 2012
    I ain't never not seent this thread sooo busy :)
  • Good. Back in. Put the heating on some-one, and get the coffee going.
  • Horray!!!!
  • Coffee smells good - are there any bikkies or are they only at TB manor ?

It's warm in here too. Don't know how b_r is keeping that smoking jacket on !
  • I've removed my silk undergarments. Less comfy, but glad it's not so lonely...
  • Just poured the first cup of coffee. Talkback is not the same without coffee and friends.
  • [quote=Liz!]I've removed my silk undergarments.[/quote]

Too much info, thanks !
  • [quote=Liz!]Less comfy, but glad it's not so lonely... [/quote]

:) Well, how can it possibly be lonely, Liz!, if you're going to be removing t'undergarments ....

Someone dunk me a digestive :)
  • Couldn't get in at all yesterday afternoon or evening: Sunday I couldn't get to the website, yesterday I couldn't get to Talkback. Kept getting a message, "No file found" or some such.
  • so was I the only one completely unaffected?
  • Looks like it! Do you keep a Talkback window open all the time (opening threads in tabs?)? At a guess that might keep you logged in and get round the authentication issue.
  • I could get in, but only via my phone which bypassed the sign-in page, otherwise it was impossible.
  • [quote=Liz!]so was I the only one completely unaffected? [/quote]

Ooer, what've YOU got what we ain't?

"holds crucifix up to Liz! and eat lots of garlic"
  • *sobs*

Am I back? For real?
  • Yes, you are. :)
  • Well, I never have to sign in, actually, Webbo. I do turn my computer off at night... but even the next day, all I do is type in 't' to the Firefox box and the Talkback address comes up and I hit it and am in, straight to - Discussions, Categories, Search, Account, Back to Writers' Online, Rules - at the top - I am always in 'Discussions' - and then I just choose a discussion. Am I the only one who does this?
  • I have the TB main discussions page in my favourites and I rarely have to log back in. Usually it's because I've popped in on my lappy and then my pc.
  • I keep TB in my favourites but I have to log in, and though I may keep TB open in a tab while I go to other sites on another tab, once I log out of TB (or shut IE), I can only access TB by signing in again.
  • On this laptop it's my home page - so I trot around the WWW and then when I want to come back without opening a tab, I just click on 'home'.

On my work PC upstairs I have google advanced search instead. But TB's still never far for that one.
  • I have to write a letter of application every time I wanna sign in.

Then I also have to show my credentials too.
  • You need to see Willy about that. It doesn't sound right.
  • Oh I do get to see Willy. Every time I log in he is exposed to me, and I have to provide the necessaries.
  • Couldn't get in this morning - the little circle at the top of the page turned and turned but it couldn't find you.
  • I am glad I can get in now. On Monday I kept being asked to sign in again and again...and again. I went to bed in a strop. (I usually wear pyjamas)
  • We sympathise BD, most of us were getting that- very annoying.
  • I couldn't get as far as signing in at one point, then had no trouble with that but couldn't open TB.
  • edited March 2012
    Webbo, [User's] Activity

Discussions Started
    Comments Added

omit the totals of discussions and comments although, if you click on them, the discussions and comments are listed.
  • I can't see this. Do you mean on, eg http://talkback.writers-online.co.uk/account.php?u=319&award=1
    It has the numbers in the main page area, but if you mean the sidebar bit, they've always been the way they are now - no numbers, but you click them to view all threads that person has used. Unless I've missed the point, as usual!
  • I wonder if Jay means those bits in the individual's account details page.
  • Ignore me - I'm probably confused!
  • edited March 2012
    Houston/Webbo, we have a problem. Every time I click on a second page of a thread, and even sometimes the title page, I end up at the second page of the thread Neph began with a .
    I keep thinking I've clicked on the wrong bit, and go back to the beginning, and the same thing happens. For instance, Carol's thread about film rights claims to have 51 posts and 2 pages, but there is really only one page with 3 on it. Click on page 2 and there is BLZ saying Yo! in Neph's . thread again. Also on Pets on parade page 2.
    Anyone else having this trouble?