Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Quite foggy here in SE London this morning. Sun's bright now. The days seem to have a degree of warmth to them. Still have some heat on, though, indoors. It's April. There should be a bit of chill in the air. Seem to recall from of ole...
  • Yes, misty in S. Bucks, but it looks as though a lovely day is waiting in the wings.
  • Lovely day. Must pop out and enjoy it!
  • Enjoy the good weather while you have it because it's very wet and windy here and the front is due to move eastwards tonight. We're forecast for sunshine from tomorrow until the weekend.
  • edited April 2017
    Raining in Cumbria, judging by the wet cat who is making himself comfortable on my lap. I hope he didn't fall into the lavatory.
  • Glad i put the hammock away then...
  • Woke to the sound of rain trivkling down a drainpipe.
  • Sunny but cold.
  • Sunny, but there's quite a breeze once you're out of the shelter of buildings.
  • Like a hot summer's day. Shorts and strappy top weather!
  • After a foggy start, it's brightened up into a lovely day, though the northerly wind is a little cool. Good in the sheltered courtyard.
  • Dull and very cold.
  • Grey in Cumbria, not cold - a good day for shifting the piles of rock that the builders have left on my herbaceous border...
  • Sunny. Had chocolate and detox tea in garden. Soup soon, and choir. Feeling satisfied with today.
  • edited April 2017
    Sparkling chill still to the air. Quite bracing. Little Jack Frost, or his equivalent, is nipping at my fingertips. Such a thrilling sensation to pulsate through one's body... the call of the wild... you can almost hear the wolves howling.. chilling, s'cuse the pun..
  • Lovely day according to the tea boy.
  • It was so hot yesterday that I spent all day outdoors. I mowed the front lawn (did the back the day before), strimmed the edges, killed the weeds, watered, swept the road(!), swept the pathway at the side of the house, washed the trampoline, washed half a set of table and chairs (I'll do the rest today), cleaned the water feature with a toothbrush, picked up every twig and leaf from between the slate... and I can't remember any more. I did just as much the previous day, which involved car washing and cleaning, plus all the indoor stuff. I have no idea where I've got this burst of energy from.

Oh, this is the weather thread...

• Dull and cold.
  • I like TN! She has a wonderful sense of humour! Absolutely fabulous!
  • Lol. My burst of energy is being rapidly used up doing housework for tomorrow's party - and it is sunny and hot outside, darn it!

But OH has done good... cleaning walls. Even.
  • Sunshine. :)
  • Gorgeous day and productive too! My veggie beds are now looking beautifully raked and weeded. I planted the onion sets yesterday and the seed potatoes this afternoon.
  • I love this weather! The parasols are up and I am reading outside.
  • Beautiful spring day - the sun is shining and lots of green shoots are peeking up out of the soil ready to grow into summer flowers :) I do hope this weather lasts into next bank holiday weekend
  • Spent the afternoon in the garden.
  • Very sunny and very warm.
  • Lovely day.
  • It's been a gorgeous day. Sunny and warm.

• Gorgeous here too. Sowed some seeds.
  • Went for a walk in the bluebell wood near Sevenoaks. The weather was pleasant and the breeze freshened up my mood. A day to fill one's heart with a touch of optimism....
  • We've had sharp frosts in the mornings, and lovely sunshine during the days, but Brittany is now in a drought, and there will be restrictions on drawing from water courses. Cold in the wind still, but about to warm up a little.
  • Bright but not warm enough to put my tomato plants out.
  • Bright and sunny all day. Now it's snowing.
  • Been cool and dull all day, but has brightened up now with a breeze.
  • Just covered my plants with fleece. Apparently, there's a frost on its way...
  • Not surprised TN, with mentions of snow and coldness.
  • Today's weather can be summed up thusly: 'meh'

• edited April 2017
    Night time here. La Nina this year and they're forecasting warmer than average for summer. Can't stand the heat, so hope they're wrong.
  • The sun is out!!
  • Bright but cold - think I'll turn the heating on for an hour or so.
  • Sunny but cold.
  • Same here, sunny but cold, my hands have gone but the CH just turned on.
  • Windy. Has gone from sunshine this morning to overcast, and now rain.
  • Chilly at 7am
  • Windy.
  • Occasionally sunny, but with hail showers. It's very cold in the wind.
  • Just came out of the library in open-toed sandals to be whipped at by snowflakes!!
  • Mr Bear abandoned his shorts and wore cords to the shop earlier - but he kept his open sandals, TN. I wore a coat and socks and shoes.