Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hot, turning heavy and hazy. Could be thunder later (very rare, but it's forecast as a 70% chance). The farmer is baling greenery in blue plastic like giant crochet cotton balls in the field below our neighbour's house. Makes me think something soggy is on the way.
  • I think we had summer today. Hooray!
  • Clear Mayflower moon tonight.
  • Must have clouded over. I can't see owt.
  • It's been amazing for days and weeks now. The last real downpour was in early April!! Who said it never stops raining in Ireland? Of course, as we have friends arriving next week the weather is bound to break, isn't it?
  • Certainly was!
  • Scorcher yesterday, today, grey. But rain? Call this rain? We need RAIN.
  • 22 degrees. It feels hot!
  • Cloudy but very warm. Not unpleasant. :)
  • That's what I call thunder, simultaneous with lightning, directly overhead. Rain pouring off the gutters. Much needed.
  • Sunny enough earlier to sit outside on my new bench. Rain later, so the marigolds i planted in with my tomatoes will be happy.
  • Still waiting for the much needed rain.
  • Bit of a thunderstorm and rain yesterday. Gentle rain today, lovely.
  • Sunny but too early to test temperature!
  • Just walked to the post office in my new coat. Five minutes after setting out, the heavens opened and rained on it! It is traumatised.
  • Bright spells, occasional torrential downpours.
  • Pleasantly warm, getting warmer.. strolled around my local park again. Delighted by the green twinkling grass and the almost polished looking leaves.

Touch of raindrops pitter-pattering down to cleanse the soil. The feel of light rain energizes me. The splash of the raindrops onto my skin. Whoa! It's good to be alive...
  • Had breakfast in the garden. Still out here. Lovely and hot.
  • Dull. Windy. May brighten up a little, no rain due until tomorrow. That's the Tuesday that, all last week, was forecast to be hot and sunny, so we planned an outing to the north coast; but the closer we get, the worse the forecast becomes.
  • Overcast, light rain and a slight breeze.
  • The same. *mutters darkly*
  • Lovely at 6.30.
  • Agree, Lizy. Looking out my hotel window to the garden outside, it does indeed look lovely. Especially the swaying of the trees in the light breeze..
  • Raining.
  • Dampness in the air. Rain is forecast. Our walk to the pub will be a wet one.
  • Warm. I have been washing pebbles.
  • 27C at the north coast, cooler and heavier here.
  • Raining, raining, raining.
  • Yep. Raining. Adding to the misery… a tree's down blocking the main exit road from the town. I will have to drive out via a lane. There will be puddles.
  • Yes, raining, a steady falling from the sky.
  • You know, with all the happenings that go on in members lives here, it must be very exciting villages and towns there? Not much happens in this part of London. I'll have to venture out more to seek excitement...
  • Raining hard enough to make up for the lack of precipitation for the last year.
  • No rain in Cumbria :)

Grey, but warm enough to garden without a coat.
  • Still raining. At least all the plants will get a good soak.
  • Raining.
  • Still raining. It's been the same all day. My friend and I didn't go for our walk. We drank tea and coffee instead and she took up a dress for me.
  • Now I've finished work the sun has made an appearance. Typical.
  • Peed down all afternoon.
  • Dare I say, it looks like a bright, sunny morning. The sky is blue.
  • It looked okay to start with, then just when I'd decided to walk up the road, down comes the rain.
  • Big fat heavy raindrops hitting the Velux like tiny pebbles. The sun was shining just a moment ago.
    There will, or will not, be thunder. France Météo says both.
  • edited May 2017
    Clearly France Meteo are the experts :D

OH came back from health centre after sheltering under an awning from the downpour. We then went out for a coffee, sloshing through puddles to reach the cafe. We got home five minutes before another downpour.
    Today my timing was impeccable - think I should send off another submission!
  • Go for it, Lizy! This morning every time we got stuck behind big lorries on a no-overtaking road, they turned off. Maybe it's just a lucky day? Profitez!
  • edited May 2017
    France Météo got it right - it is thundering. Very unusual here.
  • Well, they couldn't get it wrong after giving alternative options!
  • Raining again.
  • And now it's sunny!