Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NEW TALKBACK SYSTEM - please read

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Attempt Mark II. Oh dear, meant to be a cheetah, but too big!
  • edited February 2008
    Have gone for the pattern on a cheetah's coat. Mm... Well, I've managed to post it, but will have to have a rethink about sizing!
  • edited February 2008
    Definitely Mark III, then I'm going for a cup of tea. They're supposed to be typewriter keys. Sorry to have taken up so much space, folks. When I tried to use 'Preview Post' the icon didn't show up.
  • Has the link to the bottom of the page always been there at the top right (above the page numbers)? If so, I'm even more unobservant that I thought!
  • Yes Jenny it has always been there, it just isn't very obvious. :)
  • Dear Jon
    Why when I have been away for a couple of days is it so difficult to work out what everyone is talking about?
  • Mutley, I haven't been anywhere and it makes no sense to me either! :-)
  • edited February 2008
    To avoid confusion the last post by me was meant to be funny. Finding everyone posting at 750 posts in 24 hours means some threads have gone off in directions there is no hope of catching up with and working out how they got to where they are. Now I just need to make sure I'm not absent for a couple of days again. It would have been clearer if I had got the hang of smilies :-)
  • Jon

Sorry to pester but could the system be tweeked one more time. I have just clicked on thanks to two people at the end of a moderately lengthy thread. After doing this I am returned to the thread but at the very beginning of it and I have to scroll all the way through to get to the next person I wish to thank.

Would it be possible, after clicking thanks, to be returned to the post that you last thanked.

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.
  • Just realised how confusing it would make the headings if anyone called themselves Last Comment, Last Active, etc. :)
  • I can't see my profile details. Anyone else having trouble?
  • Mine are still there.
  • edited February 2008
    I can see yours Kateyanne!
  • I can't weird...
  • Kateyanne - I can also see your details.
  • Katyanne. I can't see your details. How odd.
  • I can see your details when I click on your name.
  • Katyanne I can see them now.
  • I still can't see them this morning. Perhaps they will turn up later.
  • Kateyanne - have you tried scrolling down your details page? There is a big blank space - as if a photo had been removed - but the details appear underneath.
  • That's how it appeared when I looked yesterday CC.
  • Jon.

So sorry about this but I need a bit of help. I think my step brother is trying to log into my account. TBers know the problems I'm having and understand that I need to let off steam as far as he is concerned. If he breaks into my account he could be privvy to things I have said that I don't really want him to see. Is there any way I can easily change my password, probably daily, and stopping this computer remembering it.

This is a personal request and I know you work for the forum as a whole but TBers will tell you the problems I'm having. I would greatly appreciate any way you could help.

Thanks very much.
  • Cooper, also send a message to [email protected] and mark it 'Urgent for immediate attention.'
    Might be a good idea to delete cookies of all types on your computer after each session. Go into Control Panel/Internet Connections/ then choose delete browsing history or whichever the cookies one is- you can then do all the ones you need including those that store passwords etc.
  • Cooper, I'm sorry to say that anyone at all can access these thread pages as it's an open forum. What they cannot do is add their comments or take a look at Talkbackers personal profile pages so unfortunately, changing your password will not stop him accessing Talkback.
  • Have you got a password securing the computer itself? No, don't tell us!
  • Cooper - It might be possible for WN to delete those comments if you tell them which threads they are on.
  • Thanks folks. Will look into all of the above.
  • Glad you have come up with a simple solution to signing in. It threw me some weeks back when I couldn't log on. Hello everybody. I've been away for some time and it's nice to be back.
  • Glad you're back. There have been lots of changes, so ask if anything confuses you.
  • Welcome back Cameron. :)
  • Hi, Jon. We've just started a new month's One Word Challenge. We'd be very grateful if you would do the following:

'unsticky' One Word Challenge February 2008

and

'sticky' One Word Challenge March 2008.

Thanks.
  • I still can't see my profile :(
  • I can! :P (Still have to scroll down from the blank white page though)
  • Jon, can you please remove from the talkback system the thread "Title Ideas" started by myself September 13th 2007. I've discovered that this is available for anyone to read on the internet and is included in lists which include the title of my new book. I do not want anyone outside of talkback reading that private conversation. Thank you.
  • Daisy - If you email WN separately you might get a faster response.
  • Yes, I've done that. Thanks.
  • Jon - thanks for your advice and help this morning. The thread is now showing as closed but is not yet deleted?
  • edited March 2008
    I see it is now deleted. Thank you again. At the moment it still comes up via the google search engine when the book title is typed in, but doesn't display the thread content when you click on it (because it doesn't exist anymore), so that is fine. Brilliant!
  • edited March 2008
    :)
  • Jon, when we report a post, what happens?
  • Hi dorothyd,
    When you report a post I get an email stating that a post has been reported, and the details of the post.

Regards
    Jon
  • thanks for that. So then what do you do? Contact the person who posted or just watch for further reports against the same person?
  • Isn't she nosey?!
  • Actually, I'd quite like to know too. Hiya, sorry, Hola Stan.
  • Me too.
    As sometimes it could have been a simple case of not realising, and hopefully that would be highlighted so the offender is then aware, and won't continue to make such mistakes.
  • yes, very nosey, but if I report something, I would like to know what happens to the report, how the 'offender' is notified or if the 'offender' is notified.
  • You're quite right to ask, Dorothy. Perhaps these points should be on a notice board somewhere?