Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NEW TALKBACK SYSTEM - please read

1161718192022»

Comments

• I had a go on that thread and I had the same problem, Carol.
  • Must just be something about that one thread.
  • It's obviously a snow-go area.
  • You are sharp today Jay...:)
  • I was just thrown out! Anyone else having trouble today?
  • Not at the moment.
  • Yes, I just got chucked out, too.
  • After I posted yesterday I had one of those click to post a thread and it takes an age then you lose the page, but if you click back in your browser it goes back to the page you were on-even sometimes having added the thread.
  • Is it possible to have a Writing Competitions category? I sometimes post details of comps I come across that haven't been covered in threads, and also like to hear about comps coming up that we may have missed elsewhere.

Thanks Jon.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks for your input, Lily. Yes, I'll be looking at some new categories very shortly.
    Carol, I suspect that's a browser/connection problem and not something we can fix, but will investigate.
  • Webbo think this has been mentioned before but if you try to quote from a previous page on a long thread it kicks you back out to the menu.
  • Interesting... I'll have a go and see if we can replicate the problem
  • Thanks Webbo- for the above clarification to my comment.

It only seems that the accessing the pages problem occurs on the very very long threads. Not noticed it happenning on the others.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    (I’ve sent you an e-mail about this, too.)
    One Word Challenge January 2010 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge February 2010 - please add 'sticky'.
    Thanks.
    Jay
  • right i've just noticed that my bookmarks aren't moving up when there is a new post... and most of them still register as whole threads unread...
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    (I’ve sent an e-mail, too.)

One Word Challenge February 2010 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge March 2010 - please add 'sticky'.

Thanks.
    Jay
  • edited April 2010
    The threads on the board aren't strictly in time order.
  • Well, they weren't.
  • What please is a sticky?
  • The Writers literary Agency has let me off the hook. :-)
    I´m released and relieved.
  • How does this photobucket work? i´ve been given a mini and an electric toothbrush that I didn´t really want. but uploading a single photo seems to be too much for it. Can there exist some other way?
  • I know..I will find the right thread somewhere....:(
  • One of a Kind, I've put a breakdown of what you need to do on the Icons thread... Good luck!

*SA*
  • You are kind *SA*..I hope i find it..:-)
  • anyone - apart from me - finding the site impossibly slow this afternoon?
  • Yes it is a bit tardy.
  • Webbo/Jon

Could you please delete my post of my poem on this page

http://www.writersnews.co.uk/writers_talkback/comments.php?DiscussionID=138282&page=4

I need to use the poem for my creative writing portfolio and if its on the internet somewhere i will be accused of self plagiarism...

Thanks
  • Nutmeg I would use the whisper system to send the message as well- the mods are in the list. That way you ensure it reaches one of them.
  • I've tried to see if 'moderator' is listed when you whisper something, but the whisper list doesn't seem to be working very well.
  • I know the WarnerInternet one used to work, that was put in before the moderators were introduced into the list.
  • what's the email address? might be easier...
  • No idea- you could try using the main WN one and putting in the subject line 'for technical help with Talkback' or some such words.
  • Webbo, can we unsticky the categories one now, please?
  • my poem is still there... i emailed webbo/jon whoever it is! my portfolio has to be in on Monday!!!
  • Sometimes it is Monday morning before things get dealt with.
    But it may not be as big a problem Nutmeg as the item is in a Members section so won't be available on Google.
  • Hi, Webbo. Stirling and I have both found that quotes (on the right of the comments box, before thanks, report post & whisper) have been attributed to the wrong person. Any idea what's happening?
  • I think Jay it is when that person has quoted someone else and then that second quote is used it gets attributed to the second person not the first.
  • I think I'd have gone back to the original quote/person who said it.
  • No idea then...:)
  • LizLiz
    edited May 2010
    I just had the problem on the 'Capital in titles' thread... I quoted Red, who was the penultimate comment, but scratch's name, the last commenter, came up in the comment box. I noticed and tried changing it to 'Red' and it worked.
  • I've suddenly got things appearing within scroll bars - top and side - hindering the view. We have had the same problem with another website that I use - if you know how to solve it can you let me know?
  • they have gone again.
  • edited June 2010
    This gargantuan thread seems rather unfocussed, and not particularly helpful.
    I shall unsticky it, and create a new one for ongoing glitches.
  • Please, I've just joined. How does one ask a question? Judithhereford - and get a shorter user name!
  • try a general thread for this, or the Talkback problems, Judith, this is about the board itself.
    Welcome, BTW!
  • judith

if you go back into Account (see top of the page) and on the left hand side, choose Personal Information

there you can change your name

welcome to talkback :)
  • Hallo JH - welcome to TB!
  • Any other questions just start a thread. Welcome. :)