Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NEW TALKBACK SYSTEM - please read

Comments

• loads! but thats it just letting up now for me.
  • Yes, I've had a message saying there is a server problem
  • It's running your comments together - if you post after a post of yours, it's showing only one post.
  • Whispered discussions have disappeared too.
  • Whispered discussions are now back.
    Thanks.
  • missed this so much it hurt.
  • yeah, really missed this over the weekend. Dont I look stupid now, saying the problem was letting up ten minutes before the site was put down.
  • Yeah, I really missed it. Knew it would be up today though.
  • Thanks to the "techies" who sorted it out!
  • well i thought perhaps it was down to fix the problems still occuring... obviously not as the bookmark thing is still a problem... good to be back tho
  • thanks for restoring sanity by getting TB back, people, now can we have our icons and things, please? I need my rosette and the others need their awards, too!
  • And we've lost all our 'thank you's' too!
  • edited July 2009
    Jon-
    Thread contributions are going missing again.
    Thread started by Woll 22- not in the best taste etc one, just before 6pm (Saturday) I posted and when I went back in a moment later there had been a number of other additions but mine had gone.
    I've lost a few this week on other threads.
  • That's happened to me a couple of times recently and I thought I'd done something wrong!
  • No Jenny, it's not you. Every so often this starts to happen then it stops. Usually we haven't realised until some hours later, but this time I was able to pinpoint when it occured. Don't know if it will be of any use to Jon though.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    (I’ve sent you an e-mail, too.)

One Word Challenge June 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge July 2009 - please add 'sticky'.

Thanks.
  • Anyone get locked out of Talkback just now?
  • YES!!!!

I thought it was that Friday all over again.

I was prepared to cry my eyes out.
  • Yes, I had that too.
  • edited July 2009
    When shall we three meet again?
  • edited July 2009
    Happened to me as well...I believe my thought was 'oh ffs :/'
  • Mine was 'No not again, I need tonight to relax...'

Or something like that...
  • I've been having that on and off for the last few days.
  • Must be some glitches being sorted out, because that was the first time it happened to me...
  • hasn't happened to me yet... but then again i didn't spend much time on TB today
  • I have been having an occasional problem when posting- I've clicked submit and it has taken ages, then I've got a page can't be displayed type message- I've clicked back and it returns to the thread with my message posted.
    It's done this at least four times since yesterday.
  • Oh it does that to me always. Because of my internet mainly.
  • oh... it did that a few days ago...but only once... i think... i can't remember... anything before yesterday is cloudy :D
  • not happened to me at all, I am surprised to find people have not been able to get on. Maybe I have been lucky.
  • Is it certain areas which are being affected? I am all right but another TBer, not that far from me, is not able to get on.
  • Is everyone okay now? I am.
  • well my bookmarks are still not recognising i have read them before and most of the non-bookmarked threads are still "unread" even tho i have read them... still really, really, really...annoying
  • Webbo daaaaaaahling, could we (Dorothy, Jay, me and anyone else who has one) please have our little awardy looking things back again? Pretty please with a cherry on the top? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/angel/pray.gif
  • What are you on about?
    I expect He Who Knows All will understand, though.
    (Love the weeny angel!)
  • Some people have awards and stuff ceka - those who did something special in the line of duty and all that . Dorothy had a rosette thing, but I cant remember what anyone else had. Guess you can make your own if needs be ? (or would that be against copyright , Jay ?? ;) )
  • The rosette is because I was impersonated, without that against my name you cannot be sure it is the real me, Ceka ...
    there were awards for the nicest talkbacker, Jay had one, too, and we lost them all! Didnt Mutley have one as well?
  • I never knew Jay had one.....or maybe I can't remember. I knew Dorothy and IG had one. One of the first things I noticed after Down Weekend.
  • edited August 2009
    Mine for was the 100,000th ??? post. It disappeared some time ago, and I was quite happy to revert to being an normal Talkbacker!
  • I happened to be in IKEA and there is a Mandal chest of drawers; so, whatever he is, Jay is not a normal talkbacker!
  • I definitely agree with that!
  • I saw that as well a few months back too.

I was thinking, must tell Jay, must tell Jay....

I must have forgot.
  • Is TB playing up with anyone or is it just me?
  • TB is playing up. I keep having to come out and go back in to get anywhere.
  • Oooh because my internet's been playing up in my room recently since I've got back so I thought it might be that.

I keep having to refresh the page...
  • Jon, still missing our little icons, dear one...
  • Dear Jon, a number of us are wondering if it is possible to have all the threads anonymous from Google, with perhaps one where you can have Googled. A great number of us only post on the chat thread which means it skews the forum for newcomers and is inconvenient f you want to write about writing or comment on one of the writing threads but can't because it is Googleable.

But in particular, I would very much like it if you could please remove my excited comments from the Bristol Poetry Festival thread so all that Google Bristol Poetry Festival can't read it... thanks!

Liz
  • Morning oh worthy one of WarnersInternetDept.

Dear Jon {or Webbo} or whomever holds short straw for the day,

Jay {Mandal} has requested your attention be drawn to failure of links between threads on this site.

It would be appreciated if you could please correct the means of access to one topic from its posted link in another thread.

Thank you for your continued diligence.

Jan.
  • edited August 2009
    Dear Webbo

Has the facility to edit our user names been removed forever?

I wanted to tweak mine slightly and so did AN Other.

Thank you...
  • still hoping for our icons to be restored, Jon, where are you? On holiday?????
  • anyone else had problems this evening? I had a white screen with text on it for an age.