Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NEW TALKBACK SYSTEM - please read

Comments

• Yes. I had the same.

I've been shut out since around 6.45pm and I know two others have as well.

I'm just happy it's back.
  • Looks like the site went down for everyone.
  • Yes, same here
  • I've only got here by coming to the magazine site -via Yahoo search engine- and into Talkback from there.
  • I got an error message. Can't help wondering if it's going to be down this weekend.
  • I won't be here over the weekend, but it will be a long weekend if it does go again.
  • must have missed that all...it seems fine for me
  • It went down with a server error by the look of it. Never realised how addicted I was until I couldn't have it. But we're back now; hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................
  • edited August 2009
    I think there was a problem on the net generally last night. Everything was very slow.
    I was ordering a book and it took three attempts to get it to go through, then when I got the confirmation my second abandoned attempt had gone through as well even though it hadn't appeared to complete. So I had two copies ordered and the 10% discount hadn't gone through.
    Fortunately I was able to query it and they contacted me this morning and it is now all sorted.
    One of my boys was having problems a short while ago and lost his connection.
    The computer is working okay, so I suspect it is a server issue.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    (I’ve sent you an e-mail, too.)

One Word Challenge August 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge September 2009 - please add 'sticky'.

Thanks.
    Jay
  • Webbo/jon or whoever sorts out this site...

we've noticed that the option to change our usernames has been taken off... why?

is there any way we can change usernames?
  • I asked that last month.

:(
  • Hi Jon,

Could you please remove the sticky for "please post here"
    And please place a sticky on "Work being published on..." instead, if that's okay?

thank you.
  • Hel-l-o-o...? Anybody there? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused013.gif

1. Could we please have our little 'award' icons back?
    2. Apparently the option to change our Usernames has disappeared.
    3. Is it possible to have ALL threads made anonymous from Google?

Thanks darling Jon/Webbo. We do appreciate you are busy but are you on holidays or something? You haven't abandoned us, have you? Hello? Is anybody even out theeeeerrrrrreeeeeee...hel-l-o-ooooo.....?
  • Is it me/my computer/my Internet connection, or is Talkback on the blink again?
  • I've been fine today.
  • me too, for a change.
  • Jay, my connection was playing up earlier- it seems to have settled down now.
  • edited September 2009
    [quote=Island Girl]Hel-l-o-o...? Anybody there?

1. Could we please have our little 'award' icons back?
    2. Apparently the option to change our Usernames has disappeared.
    3. Is it possible to have ALL threads made anonymous from Google?

Thanks darling Jon/Webbo. We do appreciate you are busy but are you on holidays or something? You haven't abandoned us, have you? Hello? Is anybody even out theeeeerrrrrreeeeeee...hel-l-o-ooooo.....? [/quote]

I also sent you a whispered message about item 3 above. Is anyone checking this board?
    A reply would be nice - pretty please.

(Just realised it's Friday afternoon - so nothing's gonna happen anytime soon)
  • edited September 2009
    I am with you on this, IG and Claudia, we need a few answers, please, Jon/Webbo/whoever.
  • I'm still having probs with bookmarks not working and I've been complainign about that all year. I don't think this threaad gets checked any more. MAy have to start emailing our concerns, folks!
  • Doesn't it have to get checked? Jay's posts for the sticky/unsticky OWC work every month.
  • Jay also emails.
  • Ah! Yeah, he's probably stopped checking this thread.
  • Does anyone know what the correct e-mail address is these days?
    Jay??
    (My last e-mail was either ignored or possibly the address I've got needs updating.)
  • edited September 2009
    I've given Claudia the e-mail address I use.

Are links to other threads within Talkback working? They never seem to be when I try to use them.
  • I've just tried one Stirling has posted to an old TB thread and it worked okay.
    Though there do seem to be times when they won't- but it is okay at the moment Jay.
  • Hi TB'ers,

Sorry I've been away for a while, I've been busy on some other projects.
    I have looked at the Username change and have reinstated this.
    I have also moved the copyright thread.
    I will also given back the awards to dorothyd and Jay, If you also had an award then please let me know.
    I will also look into making the discussions hidden from Google.

If you have a problem and wish to let me know as soon as possible you can either email me direct (email address is on my account page) or you can make your post and then click the 'Report Post' button. This will then email me details of the thread straight away.

Regards
    Jon
  • Could IG have her award back too?
  • Thanks for giving me my thingy back, Jon. And thanks for the reminder, Baggster.

Jon, Mutley had one also because if you'll recall, she was the 200,000th comment poster.
  • edited September 2009
    I had an award, Jon, for being the 200,000th post. (Meaningless I know, but I liked it!)

Just read IG's post - thanks IG.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    (I’ve sent this via e-mail, too.)

One Word Challenge September 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge October 2009 - please add 'sticky'.

Thanks.
    Jay
  • Hi Jon. I am still ahving trouble wiht soem of my bookmarks. They all used to work and take me straight to the page of whichever one I clicked on, from whichevr page. Now, howewver, some will work from any page, some will work from some pages and some just take me to to bottom of whichever page I am on. The only pages they ALL work from are teh index pages of all discussions. It's frustrating having to go abck to there everytime. Any chance of sorting it out for me, please?
  • same problem here...its been happening for months now
  • [quote=WarnersInternetDept]I will also look into making the discussions hidden from Google.[/quote]

Jon - have you had a chance to look into this yet? The issue has come up again.

Many thanks.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    One Word Challenge October 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge November 2009 - please add 'sticky'.
    Thanks.
    Jay
  • Hi Jay,

Stickied and UnStickied.

Regards
    Jon
  • Is everyone else having the problems with talkback today?
  • Yes, I couldn't get the sign in page earlier, just a white page with code across the top.
  • Mine was, too. xxx

*SA*
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.
    One Word Challenge November 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge December 2009 - please add 'sticky'.
    Thanks.
    Jay
  • Dear Webbo/Jon,

On my main page, with all discussions on, the numbers of pages are at the top but no longer at the bottom, it just says, top of the page... so if I want to go to page number 2 I have to scroll back up to get there... is there a reason for this, and is it just me?

Thanks, Liz
  • seems to be just you Liz, I'm okay for it.
  • I had that happen on one thread the other day, but the rest were okay and I haven't had any problem since.
  • Is it just me ... (am I paranoid or what?)

But has anyone else found that Talkback doesn't take you quite as far as the posts you haven't yet read - so you have to move down the screen manually?
  • Sometimes.

Can I just say Thank you Jon for your hard work in keeping everything running, and wish you a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.
  • Hi, Webbo/Jon.

One Word Challenge December 2009 - please remove 'sticky'.
    One Word Challenge January 2010 - please add 'sticky'.
    Thanks.

Jay
  • Just tried using the quote button on the snow clich
  • [quote=Carol]tried using the quote button on the snow clich